Sign in to follow this  
Binford

Taxi Thrust

Good Day,

since the last update i need what seems quiet a bit more Thrust to Taxi the aircraft. It's around 40% N1 for 18 - 20kts Speed with an grossweight of about 280.000KG for the -300ER ...

Is that only with me? If yes, what could be wrong?

Thanks and Greetings

Michael Nikel

fslabs_banner.png

If you have FSUIPC, I suggest this:

1. Download the LUA package from Pete Dowson's site  http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/Lua_Plugins_09Sep.zip

2. From that package, put the DynamicFriction.lua file in your Modules folder

3. In your FSUIPC.ini (make a copy first), add the line:

[Auto]
1=Lua DynamicFriction

This will reduce rolling resistance for taxi, but will restore default values for speeds above 30kts or so (for proper takeoff modelling).

If you don't like it, just restore your original FSUIPC.ini

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Okay Thanks. I will give it a try later.

But, i ask myself if that behavior is normal or if something is wrong with my 777 installation and if yes what could be wrong ...

Greetings

Michael Nikel

fslabs_banner.png

I highly doubt if it's a problem with your install.

Ground friction is poorly modeled in FSX, hence why others have developed work arounds to address this.  My suggestion above is one of them, and one of the least intrusive IMO.

Search the forums, and there are threads about this.  There was one where the sim1.dll was being altered...I can't remember exactly....but it was the basis on trying to use FSUIPC to manipulate friction.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Agree, you should never need 40%N1 for taxi, my goodness you'd end up through the fence.  I might need as much as 28% to start the roll then 22-25% for continued speed... which I try to maintain between 10-18 mph. Those big fans have a lot of zero speed thrust.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yeah, i knew that something went wrong ...

I now noticed that i have that problem with other Aircrafts also. So there seems to be something wrong with the friction.

But it strange as i don't had that problem before ...

Greetings

Michael Nikel

fslabs_banner.png

Yep, not normal! More than 30% or so is prohibited for ground operations anyway.

It happened to my NGX once. It was like taxiing on grass rather than pavement. Tried a lot of different ways to fix it but reinstalling FSX ended up being the solution.  <_<

If you have FSUIPC, I suggest this:

1. Download the LUA package from Pete Dowson's site  http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/Lua_Plugins_09Sep.zip

2. From that package, put the DynamicFriction.lua file in your Modules folder

3. In your FSUIPC.ini (make a copy first), add the line:

[Auto]

1=Lua DynamicFriction

This will reduce rolling resistance for taxi, but will restore default values for speeds above 30kts or so (for proper takeoff modelling).

If you don't like it, just restore your original FSUIPC.ini

Seems like a good method, do you need registered FSUIPC I only have the unregistered version

Seems like a good method, do you need registered FSUIPC I only have the unregistered version

I'm not 100% sure.  I don't think so, but I'm not sure.

I'd register FSUIPC if I were you anyway!!  It is simply the best swiss army knife for FSX/P3D....the best $30 you'll spend, bar none!  :)

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

You might want to check your brakes/toe-brakes calibrations if it's affecting all of your aircraft.  Particular attention to the fully-released low reference point.  If using pedals for toe brakes these normally need to have 'reverse axis' applied as well.

Just a thought...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

It works with the unregistered version but it modify friction for all the planes you have.

On the other hand there is an excellent program that adjusts in real time to a specific plane the rolling friction, sliding friction and the friction braking. It does this very fine for all the different surfaces (grass, asphalt, tarmac and so on ...) (17 types of surfaces). Add to that the possibility of different settings depending on whether is dry, wet or snowy.

http://secure.simmarket.com/fsps-frictionality-fsx-%28fr_8051%29.phtml

Hope this help.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

It works with the unregistered version but it modify friction for all the planes you have.

With the FSUIPC aircraft profiles facility, you can specify which aircraft to automatically load LUA plug-ins (such as the dynamic friction one) with.  That way it won't activate for every aircraft in an FSX user's fleet.  But I can't recall if that works with the unregistered version as well as with the registered one (which I have).

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg