Sign in to follow this  
SpeedBird219

SP1C Seems to have wiped my -300ER

Good Evening folks,
Finally installed SP1C for the base package and -300ER expansion. When I first went back onto Flight Sim, I had no liveries for any of the 777s, now when I go back, the liveries for the LR/F are back, but the 300ER is completely gone. It is no longer on the livery lists for me, manager or downloader, and simply doesn't exist. I try and go back to install SP1C, but it says I already have it for the 300ER expansion.

Any Help, folks?

Thanks

Andy Green

An additional point or two:

1) In my simobjects/Airplanes folder, I have the 777-GMC (with all the 300ER liveries), as well as a separate -300ER with all liveries

2) When loading, it has "multiple entries with the same name: PMDG 777-GMC" about 10 times....

1) In my simobjects/Airplanes folder, I have the 777-GMC (with all the 300ER liveries), as well as a separate -300ER with all liveries

2) When loading, it has "multiple entries with the same name: PMDG 777-GMC" about 10 times....

It sounds like the aircraft.cfg entries are messed up somehow. Rather than try and unpick it, I would suggest uninstalling the -300ER, check all the relevant folders and files have gone, then reinstall your original -300ER installer and then the SP1C update. Hopefully that will sort out the config files and allow you to install liveries.

If that doesn't work I would open a support ticket.

ki9cAAb.jpg

If you have VISTA, be sure to select COMPLETE instead of CUSTOM when installer asks you for the type install choice during the -300ER expansion pack or SP1C installation.  It took me months to figure this out, after I migrated to Win7 LOL

Dan Downs KCRP

nope, Windows 7.

Ok i'll try uninstalling and reinstalling tomorrow. Can I do that with the installer I already have or would I need to request a new one thingy or something?

nope, Windows 7.

Ok i'll try uninstalling and reinstalling tomorrow. Can I do that with the installer I already have or would I need to request a new one thingy or something?

You will need your original purchase -300ER installer as well as the SP1C update (which available on the PMDG website). Even if you've lost the original download or link you should be able to get a new download link free from PMDG support as the -300ER is less than a year old. (Links are supposed to last 365 days).

Always back up these downloads, it saves problems later.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Folks,
haven't tested yet, but starting to doubt myself. I may....MAY have accidently clicked the -300ER installer instead of SP1C. Just been on my thoughts today, will update later

The last mention I saw of this was by RSR about a month ago. He said 7 days. See post 4 in this thread http://forum.avsim.net/topic/454215-download-url-expired/.

My download email said the -300ER link was valid for 365 days (but I tried it and it no longer works). I thought the email also said you get 365 days of extended download service when you purchase a product. However it turns out the email text is boiler plate for all kinds of purchases from PMDG, including extended their download service. Sorry if I gave Andy an incorrect impression, though it appears he still has both installers so no harm done I hope.

Personally I think download links that expire after 7 days and have to be repurchased, even at only $4.95, is rather sharp practice and unnecessarily restricted. Other software retailers offer a year (though the number of downloads may be limited), some offer an unlimited period. Yes you should always back your installers up, but the impression this gives is not good. Sorry PMDG but that's my opinion of this limit. Especially when the email explicitly states the link is valid for 365 days and this is later reduced.

Anyway I'm sure that this policy has changed previously. When 777-200LR SP1b came out there were some minor changes that only affected the -300ER and we were invited to download the -300ER installer again if we wished to get those changes. That was a lot more than 7 days after SP1 and my purchase of the -300ER but the download link still worked (at the time).

ki9cAAb.jpg