Sign in to follow this  

The perfect HDR ...

Glad to hear it's working well for some ... thanks for the monitor/res feedback.

Just got word that MSE are now supporting P3D "officially" ... so that's good news (even if just installer changes) http://www.megasceneryearth.com/store/cart.php?page=prepar3d_update_files

Anything you're allowed to discuss on what's in the works?!

LM are working on v2.5 ... that's all I know.  I've been busy with work work and doing a lot of work for 3rd party providers to help them get on LM's dev showcase area.

I asked about this an apparently not ... but I think they are available here ... I think Mr. Sennett can point you in the right direction.

Taken care of Rob - thanks

Rich Sennett

Oh my gosh... I am officially done with FSX.  This is the most natural looking environment I have ever seen in a flight sim to date.

br9ew0i.jpg

Thanks all. I made the changes and going to make a test flight :rolleyes:

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

The brightness tweak is very nice Rob - thanks

Oh my gosh... I am officially done with FSX.  This is the most natural looking environment I have ever seen in a flight sim to date.

Great shot Molly

Rich Sennett

The values I would experiment with the most are:

I would like to go back to using HDR. However, the saturation in the cockpit when the cabin light is on (default Cessna 172, etc) is just too much. Could you point out which variable reduces that intensity, so I can experiment?

Thanks

Could you point out which variable reduces that intensity, so I can experiment?

This is the one if you see to much bloom/glow (cockpit lights often do this) ... trying increasing to reduce the bloom.

static const float BloomBlurSigma = 1.3;   ... I'm at 1.5 with the CS 777 at KLAS

and this one

avgLuminance *= 0.60f;   ... I'm at 0.67 with CS 777 at KLAS  0.67 is darker than 0.60.

Unfortunately because the various add-on/3rd party products that are all focused on FSX there is a great variance in how HDR works with each 3rd party product.  So some values may work well for one product but not necessarily another different 3rd party product.

Not blaming 3rd party as they didn't have HDR in FSX so there is no way they could know how their products might react to HDR.  Hopefully over time 3rd party will start to develop products with P3D's HDR in mind and test with P3D, but for now we'll just have to adjust to FSX ports.

Cheers, Rob.

This is the most natural looking environment I have ever seen in a flight sim to date.

Very nice!

Cheers, Rob.

This is the one if you see to much bloom/glow (cockpit lights often do this) ... trying increasing to reduce the bloom.

I'll start whacking away at that tomorrow evening. Thanks for all you do,

LM are working on v2.5 ... that's all I know. I've been busy with work work and doing a lot of work for 3rd party providers to help them get on LM's dev showcase area.

Thanks for the update Rob. You've obviously been busy, given all the updates on the main P3D site...!

Wow, these settings are amazing! Thanks for sharing Rob. Hope LM will include them in V2.5

Tried these changes too but it was way too bright for me.

I set it to this value now and it looks good.

avgLuminance *= 0.90f;

Spirit

Taken care of Rob - thanks

Rich - Can you PM me the info too, I can also use some help! Thanks

Nick Sciortino