Sign in to follow this  
jacquespdx

Library downloads very very, never completes

Hi Gents,

I've used the library extensively in the past.  In the past couple of months I have noticed that files are incredibly slow to download... not big files, mind. Usually just AFCAD files or liveries.  The past two days I have been unable to download a livery for the PMDG 747. The connection is very slow and after a few minutes,  the connection is always lost.  This is the only site that exhibits this behavior.  Have I been unknowingly banned from this site?  Normally, this file would download in a very few seconds.  I'm showing a countdown of 5 minutes to completion at the beginning of the download and 10 percent complete after three minutes. Then the connection is lost. I'm not using a download manager.

any ideas?

JP 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't see an account for you registered in the library.

The account is old, under a different user name. But I'm still able to log in and, until recently, download files from the library!

Should I begin a new account?

I would try clearing out your browser cache.

What is it doing stopping at around 99%?

Hi Dave,

It was hanging at around 11 to 12 %, then a pop-up would indicate that the download had stopped.  I would select the box to restart, and it would indicate that it was back to 3% and really not proceed from that point.  So, I would close the window and try again a few hours later.  

But, just before writing this response, I conducted another attempt and it was successful in the usual fast time of a couple of seconds.  I have no idea what has changed, except I will heed your advice to ensure the browser cache is empty if a download hangs again! 

JP