Sign in to follow this  
vertigho

Looking for a relatively cheap USB headset

As the title states, I'm currently looking for a relatively cheap, yet reliable USB headset for use on FS2004/Vatsim. 

I realize "relatively cheap" and "reliable" may be diametrically opposed, especially when it comes to headsets, but I wanted to reach out and see what folks are using and if they'd recommend any specific products.

I'd like to spend no more than $50 if possible.

Thanks in advance. 

I use a Logitech H390, cost me about 30 bucks. Really great quality and works well! http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-ClearChat-Comfort-Headset-Black/dp/B000UXZQ42

Looks very nice! And it's currently 30-some-odd-% off. I think I'll take the dive later this evening and order it, unless someone else posts with another suggestion. 

Thanks so much! 

Thanks for the help guys. While looking at the H390, I stumbled across the H540, which presumably would be nicer, and is slightly cheaper at the moment. That said, the reviews are slightly worse.

Wondering if anyone has experience with the H540 and would recommend it? Otherwise I'll order the H390 before hitting the sack tonight.

Thanks again for the help! 

If you dont mind using your keyboard short cuts for volume control then the H340 is all you will ever need

ZORAN

I went ahead and ordered the H390. The H540 is actually 95 cents cheaper on Amazon at the moment, but the reviews weren't quite as good as those of the H390 -- mostly seemed to pertain to reliability and overall functionality. Ditto for the H330. 

The H390 seemed to be the best choice. Thanks for all the help guys! See you all on Vatsim!  :p0503:

Hi,

I dumped the h390 for the turtle beach x12. After a couple of days use i went straight back to the h390. The x12 was doulble the price aswell .The sound was great with the x12 but its not usb. The trusty h390 lives strong!

Ashley allen