Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Naples (Italy) scenery help

I have this scenery for Naples Italy http://napulevola.it and when I landed there tonight my plane was buoncing down the runway like it was on dirt. Was there ever a fix for this? If not is there something I can do to fix it? I haven't flown to this scenery for a while so I don't remember if this was a problem before.

I have that scenery and my aircraft don't bounce. So there's something else in your system causing a conflict.

Dave Morgan......I am using the FS9 version

John_aus........If they did that on purpose I think they overdone it. After I landed and was slowing down my nose wheel gear started bouncing so much it was causing smoke!

Mesh problem in this area?

After I finished the flight I deleted the mesh and the plane was still bouncing down the runway.

Hi.

I downloaded and installed last night... I used all three packages - airport, buildings and photoscenery - as I suppose you did.

I'm glad I saw this post as it's really rather nice scenery.  I took out the photoscenery as I already have Fulvio Mazzokan's set covering most of Italy. The buildings are nice -  the road-bridges especially good fun  :P

The stock C172 (always good for testing stuff) did not bounce much along the runway - just a few inches up and down at the nose for all taxi speeds up to 50 knots. I'm not sure what's causing your plane to bounce but having checked the airport with ADE9X I think it may be exacerbated by the afd having a bituminous runway surface. You can change it with ADE9X (or Afcad 221 if you must). Try 'asphalt' or 'concrete' - they're both slightly smoother that bitumen but I doubt you'll find a perfectly smooth solution. The photoscenery hides the afd's pretend surface so choose whatever works best for you.

If that doesn't improve things, disable all scenery layers except these three and all the obligatory default stuff. Does that make a difference?

If it's not that then it may have something to do with the contact points of your plane. Which one are you using?

Cheers,
D

Again I have to say mine is as smooth as silk!

you should have two folders in your addon scenery

Napulevola Photoreal

Scenery

Texture

NapuleVola_LIRN_2006

Scenery

Texture

You should also have a zip file

Modifica Autogen NPV Photoreal ABC.zip

from which you extract the contents into

\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\Napulevola Photoreal\texture

There should also be a scenery folder in the download within which there is another

called eurw\Scenery In there are two bgl files

AP951170.BGL

FL951170.bgl

Copy those to their correct places.

If you still have a bumpy ride after that it's not the Capodichino scenery causing it. You have another problem.

It's one of the best airport add-ons and FREE!

Vololiberista........Thank you for posting that response. I think I see my problem with the runway, I don't think I ever installed the AP951170.BGL file and FL951170.BGL file. Now I downloaded the scenery again (the FS9 version) and those 2 files are not in the download. Where could I get those 2 files?

I also think it may have been the plane I was flying. Cause I flew a light Eaglesoft CJ1 and was bouncing pretty good, but just a few minutes ago I was taxing up and down the runway with the 50 North 737 and there was hardly any bouncing.

Thanks. I downloaded the 1.5 version from their website. The one from their website does not have those 2 files that you put in the eurw\scenery folder.

No, they don't. For 1.5 to work they need to be the original files. Otherwise your a/c will be buried.

1.5 has a lot of changes compared to 1.4.

What's a surprise for first time visitors is that it's run by the British Airports Authority!!!!

I've found vers 1.5 not quite as good as vers 1.4. There is more autogen, but some buildings are unfinished. Also I thought it much more bloomy than 1.4. The daytime colours are too rich and the night is also too yucky. Also the rwy is slightly bumpy in the displaced area. Though not abnormally so.

Vesuvius in both versions is way too green. Almost tropical!

Download a better version here that smokes too.

http://mazzokan.altervista.org/download2.htm

Just wanted to say thank you for the help. The 2 missing bgl files that go in the eurw\scenery folder was the problem.