Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

ASN AI Aircraft Question

I have PFPX setup so that when I get a crosswind on the departure runway at certain airfields like Gatwick (EGKK) it will use the preferential runway if the tailwind is below 5 kts.  Unfortunately FSX only sends the AI (in my case My Traffic X) to the runway with even a slight headwind component, so I am often taking off against the flow.

I seem to recall there was a 'Refresh AI' option in the earlier versions of Active Sky but can't find it in ASN.  Saying that I'm not sure even that would help as it would still probably send the AI to even the slightest headwind.

Does anyone know of a utility that would force the AI within FSX to use a certain runway for departure and landing ?

Glen

I was hoping for a few more replies than .....ZERO !!!

Is this simple request not possible within FSX or ASN ?

Glen

I am a FS9 user. In FS9 you can refresh the AI by pausing the sim, then changing the sim acceleration to 8x, then back again. Try that in FSX to see if it works.

However, the runway choice is solely FSX's decision. The refreshed AI would still taxi to the same runway.

Peter Schluter

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/417505-downwind-landings-on-atis/?p=2765847

glen

i've been hoping for help in this for a while ............ for calm & downwinds, mainly to be able to set stars/approaches from tafs !! 

your post encourages me to dig more given at least one other is interested !!

for now, cheers

john martin