Sign in to follow this  
vbazillio

Still no SLI support in nvidia 344.65 ;-)

Can I have a dream ? ;-) A GeForce Game Ready but still no-Prepar3D-ready ;-)

The new GeForce Game Ready Assassin's Creed Unity 344.65 WHQL drivers are now available to download automatically through GeForce Experience, and from GeForce.com. With performance enhancements and a SLI profile, the new GeForce Game Ready Assassin's Creed Unity drivers are a recommended update for players of the highly anticipated third-person action adventure game.

In addition to Assassin's Creed Unity support, our new drivers include all of the optimizations and improvements from our recent GeForce Game Ready Civilization: Beyond Earth & Lords Of The Fallen 344.48 WHQL and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 344.60 WHQL drivers, and of course, support for Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) technology on GeForce GTX 400, 500, 600, 700 and 900 Series GeForce GTX graphics cards.

As always, we’ve worked closely with a number of developers to enable SLI in their games and game engines, and we continue to work with Monolith on Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Please note, profiles require the latest game update in addition to the latest driver, so please ensure you have automatic patching enabled in Steam.

•  
  • Elite Dangerous – Added SLI profile
  •  
  • Escape Dead Island – Added SLI profile
  •  
  • Lichdom: Battlemage – Added SLI profile
  •  
  • Lords of the Fallen – Added SLI profile
  •  
  • MechWarrior Online – DirectX 11 Added SLI profile
  •  
  • Monster Hunter Online Benchmark – Added SLI profile
  •  
  • Ryse: Son of Rome – Added SLI profile
  •  
  • Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition – Added SLI profile
  •  
  • The Vanishing of Ethan Carter – Added SLI profile

Source : http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/79527/en-us

and

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/344.65/344.65-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Have you thought why Nvidia hasn't released it for Prepar3D?

Have you thought why Nvidia hasn't released it for Prepar3D?

Because LM is dragging their feet....

Maybe they dont know how to make it any better for P3D - could be folks

Rich Sennett

Monster Hunter Online Benchmark? I guess, I'm too old to understand why all this crap get's nVidia's attention but Prepar3d doesn't. Yes, yes. Don't start beating me. I know, it's all about sales... ;-)

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Because LM is dragging their feet....

No.

There is a thread titled "Will nVidia Ever Support and/or Create a Profile for Prepar3D?" in Nvidia's forum  dated 4 September 2014

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/771767/will-nvidia-ever-support-and-or-create-a-profile-for-prepar3d-/

Nvidia's response was:

We determine which games to focus development efforts on based on how popular the games are among our user base. If you want to see a specific game supported, it's best to just continue playing it and to submit feedback requesting it through GeForce Experience, as this helps us prioritize support.

Perhaps Prepar3d isn't popular enough?

No.

There is a thread titled "Will nVidia Ever Support and/or Create a Profile for Prepar3D?" in Nvidia's forum  dated 4 September 2014

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/771767/will-nvidia-ever-support-and-or-create-a-profile-for-prepar3d-/

Nvidia's response was:

Perhaps Prepar3d isn't popular enough?

From what I understand, P3D has already stated they were in communication with nvidia.  I just think P3D has other, more pressing issues and being able to obtain 60fps with sliders maxed is not one of them.  You know, like.... cloud shadows.... <sigh>

We as flight simmers are not very big comunity aka not that popular in gaming world, and I am sure it will be a while before we see anything from nVidia. It's just bussines, no hard feelings.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

From what I understand, P3D has already stated they were in communication with nvidia.  I just think P3D has other, more pressing issues and being able to obtain 60fps with sliders maxed is not one of them.  You know, like.... cloud shadows.... <sigh>

Sorry but WHY do you keep dumping this in LM's lap? THEY have already stated that they've given all they can to NV and it is now in their court. Either NV will deem it important enough to devote resources to it or not.

Simple - but there is NOTHING that LM can do to force NV to provide the profile.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Sorry but WHY do you keep dumping this in LM's lap? THEY have already stated that they've given all they can to NV and it is now in their court. Either NV will deem it important enough to devote resources to it or not.

Simple - but there is NOTHING that LM can do to force NV to provide the profile.

Vic

I call BS on that... 

I call BS on that...

Fine. Now tell me EXACTLY what LM can do to FORCE NV to make a profile?

Send one of their a/c to bomb them?

This is BUSINESS Dude, plain and simple and no matter what you think LM does not have ANY leverage in the video card arena.

YOU have about as much chance of swaying NV as LM does. The profile is done by NV not LM - after supplying their specs they (LM) can do nothing but wait and keep asking.

Unless you have a better realistic suggestion.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I also have a feeling that most flight simmers are a little more savvy than the average goat simmer, and do a custom install without installing Geforce Experience...which may seem to be hurting the cause  :P

Edit: Just installed it with the new drivers - there is a "send feedback" icon which opens up a dialog to suggest games Nvidia should create profiles for. I'm guessing the more of us that create a stir the better.

I also have a feeling that most flight simmers are a little more savvy than the average goat simmer, and do a custom install without installing Geforce Experience...which may seem to be hurting the cause  :P

Edit: Just installed it with the new drivers - there is a "send feedback" icon which opens up a dialog to suggest games Nvidia should create profiles for. I'm guessing the more of us that create a stir the better.

THAT is a big issue, thanx for bringing it up. I am also one of tose that doesn't install any bloatware that doesn't help performance. I only install NV drivers, no PhysX, no GF Experience, etc. 

BUT as you said - they are using GF Experience to quantify which title to work on next.

Tough call

Good idea to use the :send "feedback" icon.

Let them know we exist....    

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I am also one of tose that doesn't install any bloatware that doesn't help performance. I only install NV drivers, no PhysX, no GF Experience, etc.

Why do you think that's bloat ware?

Spirit