Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Hooked on CoD!

No.... not codfish, which we Portuguese always like :-) but rather CoD like in IL2 "Cliffs of Dover"

And in simulated Air Combat!

What a remarkable sim CoD is.... Why can't we have this in civil sims :-( ... and I am not referring to the War component of the sim, but rather to the complexity, graphics quality and flight dynamics modeling this games offer as oposed to what we have in our civil sims ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6u4JxgE2S4#t=55

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I assume your using the Team Fusion Mod for COD?

Yes, it is an amazing sim. It wasnt when it first came out, but once Team fusion fixed the bugs and added some new features, it really took off.

Rob

Yes Rob, using it to the latest available TF patch :-)  and eagerly awaiting TF5.0 !!!

This is trully an AMAZING flight simulator, in the very first place, but also an amazing combat flight simulator.

Again brought to CoD by a friend, I really felt miserable when, last week, I gave it my first try - it looked soooo arcadish, and although I did only spend €9,90 I was furious!  Well, it turned out to be an effect of my stupidity... and wrongly enabling the expert options, including all of the fancy prop effects, weather effects, complex engine management, etc...

Just like Rise of Flight, and somehow IL2 BOS too, I feel this is a sim made with love and tremendous dedication from the devs, very small teams. They actually share much in common.

Rob, are you flying CoD online? What about IL2 BOS?

Regarding DCS, well, I'm waiting Yo-Yo to fix that irritating deflected propwash bug :-(  It's shelved for me while it is this way :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Ive been flying ROF for the last 5 years, FSX since 2006. DCS back before it was DCS (Lock-on - Flamming Cliffs). 

I got Cliffs of Dover when it first came out from Steam, but it was not well optimized and very buggy, so I shelved it.  Picked up Aerofly FS, and found cool, but too limited. Then got into X-plane 10 when it came out. which I still use.  Now Im into BOS and ROF but occasionally CLOD.  XP fills my Civi side when Im into it.  I find th edogfighting in ROF to be the most fun, Perhaps because of th eslower speeds. I like getting up close to the enemy. BOS is great for ground attack and bombing.

All really good sims in their own way. Each brings something new tot he table. Whish I could take elements from all of them and create one toatlly awesome sim.

Rob

All really good sims in their own way. Each brings something new tot he table. Whish I could take elements from all of them and create one toatlly awesome sim.

+1!

Main Simulation Rig:

Wow I'm blown away, I'll have to reinstall! How are the framerates with the Team Fusion fixes?

Yes, do that - the TF patches, up to the last one available are SIMPLY REMARKABLE!!!!

This simulator is a DREAM!

Check here how to correctly install the patches.  ( beware some AV softwares identify a trojan in TF4.0 which is apparently a false positive! )

Main Simulation Rig:

This simulator is a DREAM!

Thank you very much, I have some downtime coming up Saturday, I'll install everything using your link and hope that my old computer can deal with this ... fingers crossed already!

Cheers,

Sascha

Cliffs of Dover is a brilliant example of how a developer and publisher can drop the ball in spectacular fashion. The long and protracted development, the utterly disastrous state the sim was released in.... all will be remembered. Unfortunately we are seeing some similarly bizarre decisions and self destructive behaviour from the developer/publisher playing out with Battle of Stalingrad right now.

Team Fusion is a brilliant example of how a dedicated and talented community can step in and not only salvage the sim, but turn it into something very enjoyable. In fact you could say they have very successfully disproved the adage that one cannot polish faecal matter.

The one complaint I do still have about CloD is the rendering of distant terrain features. It's awful. When flying over the Channel and looking towards the part of England where I live it is criss-crossed with Amazon scale rivers that must be a mile wide.

Check out ACG if you want to have an unique experience with CloD. www.aircombatgroup.co.uk

We are currently having 10 squadrons and appr. 120 acitve pilots. Each sunday we fly our historical campaign with huge dogfights. A lot is going on there. We're always searching for new pilots, regardeless of flying skill. Maybe it's something for you.

Some videos of ACG activity:

and if that's not to bold... my own channel:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTvnvS3U7iebEEXwol6wvt_LeAyDe8rVD