Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Aerosoft A320/321 Released

This thing is rocking - wow is right - flys great - looks awesome - fps are amazing - not sure how they did it but they did it - one happy camper

Rich Sennett

This thing is rocking - wow is right - flys great - looks awesome - fps are amazing - not sure how they did it but they did it - one happy camper

Hey Rich , do you use saitek  Pro ruder pedals with this new bus ? I would like to know how well they work with this new airbus from aerosoft. I don't know which ruder pedals to get.This will be my first time using rudder pedals by the way.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Hey Rich , do you use saitek  Pro ruder pedals with this new bus ? I would like to know how well they work with this new airbus from aerosoft. I don't know which ruder pedals to get.This will be my first time using rudder pedals by the way.

Yes I have saitek pro flight pedals work awesome on all aircraft - highly recommend them 

Rich Sennett

1st quick flight from CYUL - CYYZ

Steady as she goes so far, Well done Aerosoft for another awesome product. Looking forward to a night flight tomorrow to check out the lighting (It is my significant others birthday today and I am pretty sure she may say no to some night flying tonight lol)

To Mr340 I have the Saitek Pro Cessna rudder pedals and they work really well, along with the X55 Rhino. I am almost getting to the point where the passengers do not want to lynch me after landings now :)

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Some (me) have problems with FPS & WX. I deleted the red slashes and set the scan rate to 0 and saw an improvement. Still not convinced I'm getting the same FPS as the A318/A319 but we'll see.This tweak does NOT disable your wx radar, but the background scan, so it takes longer to start up. If you're having FPS issues I would recommend this as the first place to look.

EDIT: the file might help -- C:\Users\Me\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus --> AB_ND_GDI

[WXRadar]
//WXBackgroundScan=2
//Remark: Some WX data are normally required to be scanned in background even when WX Radar is switched off.
// Due to performance reasons on some customersystems currently the user can select between following background scanning modes: 0 = COMPLETE OFF (best frame rates),  1 = LIMITED SCAN, 2 = FULL SCAN (normal status). As long as WX Radar is switched on, this parameter has no affect! This parameter is allowed to be changed at runtime (just change this parameter in INI file and safe it)

//WXBackgroundScanProto=1
//Remark: In order to support further info for development the user can switch on some extra proto function here (also allowed to be changed

To Mr340 I have the Saitek Pro Cessna rudder pedals and they work really well, along with the X55 Rhino. I am almost getting to the point where the passengers do not want to lynch me after landings now :)

Richard

I am looking at Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals but the only problem i don't fly combat aircraft. :( . I really don't know how well they work with fsx since much simmers use Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals or Saitek Pro Cessna  Rudder Pedals.  By the way do you use the rudder to steer the aircraft for taxing ?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz

I have all but positive impressions from last night flight! FPS is awful in my case, huuuuge stutters on occasions, fps drops from 35 to 6-7 midflight for no reason. All net and html based stuff disabled in config. Maybe GPU ECAM option is a culprit? Another thing - I found the autopilot very "twitchy" after changing HDG, it banks very hard and almost instantly, no smooth transition from 0 to 20-30 degrees at all, reminds me of some default airplanes. That bit made me to uninstall it, I was so pi**sed and dissapointed. I will probably try it again these days.

EDIT: A318/319 is working fine here, as I can recall since I didn't use it for a week.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Yep, set to use GPU, so software set to off. Maybe my GTX 560 is not on par with that...?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Yep, set to use GPU, so software set to off. Maybe my GTX 560 is not on par with that...?

I suggest you head over to the Aerosoft Support Forums and open a thread.

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png

If I can't resolve the problem, I will head for support forums for sure.

Cheers

I am looking at Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals but the only problem i don't fly combat aircraft. :( . I really don't know how well they work with fsx since much simmers use Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals or Saitek Pro Cessna  Rudder Pedals.  By the way do you use the rudder to steer the aircraft for taxing ?

The only difference between the Cessna & Combat is that the combat pedals feel a little more substantial. I wanted those but couldn't find them locally anywhere. They will work perfectly with non combat aircraft. I suggest FSUIPC to calibrate.

I use the rudder pedals on all aircraft to steer on the ground except the new Airbus A318/319/320/321 from Aerosoft as they allow a tiller function to be assigned to throttle 3 so I have bound that to a rotary axis in the throttle of my X-55.

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

The only difference between the Cessna & Combat is that the combat pedals feel a little more substantial. I wanted those but couldn't find them locally anywhere. They will work perfectly with non combat aircraft. I suggest FSUIPC to calibrate.

I use the rudder pedals on all aircraft to steer on the ground except the new Airbus A318/319/320/321 from Aerosoft as they allow a tiller function to be assigned to throttle 3 so I have bound that to a rotary axis in the throttle of my X-55.

Richard

Thank you ,  i am new to rudder pedals i need all the help i can get to get them working properly. Amazon have great deals for the combat rudder pedals 180 dollars right now. In two more weeks for black Friday i guess the price will drop even lower .

Mr Leny

I have all but positive impressions from last night flight! FPS is awful in my case, huuuuge stutters on occasions, fps drops from 35 to 6-7 midflight for no reason. All net and html based stuff disabled in config. Maybe GPU ECAM option is a culprit? Another thing - I found the autopilot very "twitchy" after changing HDG, it banks very hard and almost instantly, no smooth transition from 0 to 20-30 degrees at all, reminds me of some default airplanes. That bit made me to uninstall it, I was so pi**sed and dissapointed. I will probably try it again these days.

EDIT: A318/319 is working fine here, as I can recall since I didn't use it for a week.

So is the autopilot still twitchy? That's the sort of thing that has me on the fence on buying this product (that and the fact that kgs is the only option available for weights). I have become extremely picky about things behaving exactly as they do in real life which keeps me from straying too far from high fidelity simulations like those made by pmdg. I have been tempted by this addon in particular though.

It's currently by far the best Airbus simulation available.....kgs only or not. (don't get the fuss about this to be honest)

I find the autopilot and everything else about the bus perfectly acceptable for normal ops