Sign in to follow this  
cannow

Innsbruck

Flew into Innsbruck last night and ATC control issued the star as expected . Then took over with headings to runway . If I followed them I ended up smack into the side of a mountain tried several times  no joy . Using Orbx Europe and sure that uses default mesh. Only way to land was to ignore ATC . Any thoughts . Is there any further development planned on this product often lose ATC during final approach and end up going back to default ATC because I have to report on final and seems to get in a loop .

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Just guessing but maybe the STAR editor can help on such cases. Well, anything being able to define mandatory waypoints.

maybe but was already using navigraph data . Most times Vox atc works ok but not as well as default though sids and stars are nice and voice recog adds to realism .

Colin hodds

Good point on the Navigraph data. If it would pick the LOC East or West procedures, you shouldn't be seeing much any vectoring into terrain. So, maybe adding to Oliver's tip, make sure to select/enforce those.

Pretty sure had no vectors ticked and was initially assigned a star then vectoring took over.

Colin hodds

When ATC begins to give vectors, request a full ILS approach for the active runway. You can then fly the star and you contact the tower just before you intercept the localizer. I'm going from memory, but that's the basic process.

NAX669.png

cheers all will give it another try and post back

Colin hodds

no vectors ticked whatever I do when active runway is the non ils runway get assigned a star at end of  star given vectors if you follow them and flight levels  then smack in to the side of the mountain . Standard prep3d mesh . Not sure if problem is navigraph or vox atc . You have to choose rnv approach or something similar to that in fmc for all to be ok .Just going from star to  visual runway approach will cause problems . No option to use same approach via voxatc.If I ignore atc I will land and it is still issueing out vectors. Maybe it is my lack of understanding of non ils approaches

Colin hodds

same issue descending in new Zealand seems to descend too quick for terrain . Being asked to immediately descend to 2000 on heading which will take me smack in to mountain any one else having problems or have I done something wrong. Orbx is the scenary nelson the airport and navigraph latest airac the data

Colin hodds

Well happened again coming in to land cote d'azur assigned a star flying then suddenly given a head , told I will be vectored to approach . Vectored north straight in to the mountains . Being told to imeediatly decend to 2000 with a mountain looming in front. No vectors ticked in flight plan navigraph data  expecting ils04 but winds could have given the visual north approach . Still I screamed as my poor q400 slammed into the mountain range . Tried twice with same weather conditions . Will just have to ignore ATC if vectoring comes up . As I do not have a death wish.

Colin hodds

VoxATC not have any control about terrain when vector you on final, so the only way to avoid crash on the montain on final vector, is to avoid the VoxAtc instructions.

When he assign you the runway, just ask a full ILS approach with the exact following phraseology:

N1151D request  full ils runway 09 approach (of course you need to change the red parts with your callsign and the correct runway)

Voxatc will let you fly the STAR and will ask you to report when stable on final.

Personally I use everytime this method and all run smoothly.

I Hope in the future relase VoxAtc will give the correct altitude based on the terrain level as a real ATC.

Francesco cattaneo

I Hope in the future relase VoxAtc will give the correct altitude based on the terrain level as a real ATC.

I don't believe any of the ATC programs can do this. You're better off flying the STAR. Regardless,don't fly into the mountain even if ATC gives you too low of an altitude.

NAX669.png

I don't believe any of the ATC programs can do this. You're better off flying the STAR. Regardless,don't fly into the mountain even if ATC gives you too low of an altitude.

Native Fsx ATC does !

Also PilotAtc seems very accurate about vector above mountains. With PilotAtc it's possible to parameter the minimum approach altitude AGL ! Every time I used it, the program guided me to the correct altitude.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|