Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Captain Sim 777 redefines the term FPS friendly

So apparently Captian Sim is a showcased developer on LM's P3D website and its claimed there that it's "FPS Friendly". I don't know about others but I get mixed emotions about it, at one moment I want to laugh at them for this ridiculous claim and next I want to cry that I paid 40USD for it.

At an isolated airport in the Pacific, I get 20FPS out of it, whereas other like Aerosoft 319, CLS 747 give 40FPS. At any decent Airport, it comes up with 12-14, where as others still manage 30. I could not even bear to even start it up, at this rate I would have been landing with 5FPS if I bothered. So there it rests.

Well, folks have been warned...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Same.

So done. After the C130 was never finished, I should have never tried again. Did it with the 727,and then the 777. That was my last. Unfinished planes, then one that my computer, which it should, can't simply handle this addon in the lightest of situations.

Oh well.

Same here, done with CS and Vox  Atc by the way. No more. Deleted them, and now have peace

So many issues to resolve and not much time to sit for hours trying to figure out their software shortcomings.

nhssaini

W7 64 , 2.8 GHZ, Sli

Same here, done with CS and Vox  Atc by the way. No more. Deleted them, and now have peace

So many issues to resolve and not much time to sit for hours trying to figure out their software shortcomings.

nhssaini

W7 64 , 2.8 GHZ, Sli

offtopic, but curious on the vox atc.. did you experience fps issues using this? I have it installed, though i dont often use it, but when i did, i didnt notice much in the way of a hit

Hi

the FPS loss is huge. just try an airport like KJFK or KBOS with Vox activated,

unless you have more than 3ghz, I think you will face the issue. Of course try to use a paid add on airport and plane like the PMDG 777 or the aerosoft 320

Good luck

I am rocking 4770 K at 4.4 Ghz and a GTX 780Ti and I get 15-20 FPS at Fly Tampa Dubai with the CS 777. I hope the PDMG 777 will be more FPS friendly. 

I hope the PDMG 777 will be more FPS friendly.

It is!!

I'm thinking about locking this topic. OP says he gets bad fps. Do we know how his system and p3d is set up? It appears to me he's just disgruntled as CS support failed to help him fix his fps. Oh, what the heck. Topic locked.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "P3D Aircraft & Vehicles - Native and Add-Ons" to "The UNOFFICIAL Captain Sim Support Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.