Sign in to follow this  
pepegallete

FSX black screen, crash and more after windows update

hello everybody, since my windows 8 AUTOMATICLY update, my fsx has literaly ######ed. i got black screens, fsx fatal error, microsoft flight simulator x has stopped working, i reintalled mi video card, y repair FSX literaly ten times, i tried changing the setting, i use ULautomationcore.dll fix, i tweak fsx.cfg and i tried using it in windowed and full screen mode. i really need help, my sistem specs are:

intelcorei7-3632QM CPU 

6gb of RAM

64 bit

and AM RADEON HD7670m driver

i got black screens, fsx fatal error, microsoft flight simulator x has stopped working, i reintalled mi video card, y repair FSX literaly ten times, i tried changing the setting, i use ULautomationcore.dll fix, i tweak fsx.cfg and i tried using it in windowed and full screen mode.

Sounds normal. You certainly have many issues. You need to download and run AppCrashView and post the results of the latest crash here for analysis. See the AVSIM CTD Guide located to the right of this forum under Hot Spots.

You must have had FSX menu crashes too as you state you use the uiautomationcore.dll fix. That's all it fixes, menu crashes. No menu crashes and it is doing more harm than good.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

thanks for your quick reply, i enter in to the AVSIM CTD guide, it helps me, but i am still getting black screen. if you can help me with that, i will be really happy :) thanks

i might fixed the problem of crashes, i only get black screens when i am flying and i touch something like options or anything that its not of the plane or the flight :( PLEASE I AM ABOUT TO GO NUTS HELP!!

i only get black screens when i am flying and i touch something like options or anything that its not of the plane or the flight

This sounds like the menu crashes. What happens is that you are using up a lot of memory resources whenever you touch the menu, like options or addons, or you right click the screen several times. It has to happen at least 19 times though before problems begin to occur. If it is 18 times or less then that's not the problem and you'll have to find another reason why your memory resources are being depleted. But the fix for 19 or more times is in the AVSIM CTD Guide where it talks about the uiautomationcore.dll. You have to put the right 32 bit version in your FSX directory. If you put the wrong version in there, then black screens, loss of memory resources, and blood pressures rising fast and out of control. You'll want to be sure there are no sharp objects in the area.

Another possible reason is that you have photoscenery installed (hold on! If you have no photoscenery just understand I have no idea what you have installed so I'm suggesting everything... every possibility). Photoscenery loads even if you don't want it to load as it is on the other side of the world and why would you want to load stuff over there? This is why we recommend (that's me and AVSIM) using SceneryConfigEditor as you can disable all the addon scenery you will not be using during a flight BEFORE you even start up FSX. Pretty neat huh? Don't disable any default scenery though. The AVSIM CTD Guide provides a link to this wonderful utility.

High FSX settings will also cause black screens too coupled with tweaks in your fsx.cfg. Tweaks are bad and cause people to almost go NUTS! Someone "expert" recommended them and they worked for him/her but tweaks do not work the same in every system. The BufferPool tweak causes so much system instability I'm surprised anyone uses it and we haven't seen more people going crazy. But they do and they start pulling their hair wondering why fsx is not working right. The best solution for this issue is to move your fsx.cfg to a temporary folder, restart FSX, and the config will rebuild. This wipes out the evil tweaks that can cause black screens. If you don't like FSX after doing this, then you can simply delete the fsx.cfg and move the old one back. Slick huh?

Make sure you have the highmemfix=1 parameter in your Graphics section of your FSX.cfg. This is an actual fix and not a tweak (so the reason why I recommend it).

AVSIM has a great FSX Configuration Guide located to the right of this forum under Hot Spots. The settings work for most. Some like the crank up the settings just a bit more but mostly it works for everyone. Unfortunately it does not include settings for your ATI/Radeon video card. FSX likes NVidia cards. ATI/AMD went bonkers in 2006/7 when Microsoft released Windows Vista and didn't stay with Windows XP. They refused to release video card drivers for Vista. Guess what FSX developers used when they developed FSX (at least in the final stages)? Right! Vista. Vista didn't last long though and Microsoft released Windows 7 which really works well with FSX.

Now your CPU is not all that great (sorry!) but it will work in FSX if you keep your settings down and don't try to crank them up to the highest levels - http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-3632QM+%40+2.20GHz. If you try to crank them up to the highest levels so you can see people on buildings, laying on the beaches, etc., you will have issues plus you won't see the people.

FSX does not like notebooks but, again, it will work okay as long as you do not try to crank up your settings to the highest levels.

Bottom line. Keep your fsx and display driver settings down and do not use tweaks. Okay?

PLEASE I AM ABOUT TO GO NUTS HELP!!

Hope I was able to respond in time....

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

thanks for all the information, i will use that thing about the scenery you told me, today i could have a flight from SACO to SAEZ, a 1 hour and a half flight and nothing happened, about the fsx.cfg tweeking, i used to have al the kostas tweeks and it worked at 20-30 FPS with PMDG 777 and FlyTampa Dubai, now with out them i have those FPS too.

about my FSX Settings, i have everything at medium exept weather that i have it at very high, but again, i didnt have black screen on my last flight, of course i didnt touch anything from the menu that appears at the top of FSX pressing Alt, but well, everything its okay now, if i keep having problems i tell you, and i tell you what happens with this scenery tool you are talking. thanks for the help! and sorry for my bad english, i am from argentina... heheh :) regards!

hello fellows simmers,

I'm using FSXsteam for now 5 years had never issue till now!

After a huge automatic windows update, after loading fsx and reaching the menu, I hit "fly" and then black screen, nothing appears not even the loading bar with the pourcentage...

I've done many researches  but I didn't find anything helpfull. 

I now it's something with Direct X10 cause whan I click the preview box, it works! But with many graphics problems... 

As I don't want use direct X10, I unchecked the box and then it freezes in black screen and I can't do anything! Just have to perform a hard reboot of my computer! 

Is anybody experiencing this? Can I get help please? 

Thanks for your consideration

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks for your rreply,

Yes I tried to do this: 

"Right click on FSX in your library and select 'properties'

under the local files section there's an option to 'check integrity of local files' or something similar"

then at the end I have a message telling me that everything is fine... no file corrupted;

But when I restart my computer, launch steam and FSX, and it doesn't work when I hit "fly now", just a black screen ... except with preview dx10 checked... 

never happens before I really don't understand, what is sure that it began after a automatic windows update... I hate this!!!!

57 minutes ago, giffus said:

But when I restart my computer, launch steam and FSX, and it doesn't work when I hit "fly now", just a black screen ... except with preview dx10 checked... 

Anytime you turn DX10 on or off, you have to restart the sim otherwise you will have a black screen as there are some products NOT compatible with DX10.

Submit News to AVSIM

Yes I know that, 

I'm really familiar usually with FSXissues, but today after this windows update I'm totally stuck...

😞

and it's linked with dx10 , I tried to install dx9c like it is suggested on the forum, but my system refused to install it... I think FSX SE is not able to use dx9 anymore

Edited by Jim Young
Removed an attempt to hide a word that is not allowed on AVSIM.