Sign in to follow this  
Carob

FSX Frontier Flight Plans

Hello.

It looks like some new AI models were released today for Frontier Airlines aircraft.  But, I don't see any flight plans in the library for Frontier for FSX?  Does anyone know if there are any?

Thanks!

Quite a few.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=fs2004ai&SearchTerm=frontier&Sort=Added&ScanMode=0&Go=Change+View

There's a library search for you, sorted by date.

Likely would require the use of AI Flight Planner to get the most out of them, as you'll probably need to hand edit the flight plans based on what models and what repaints you have installed.

AI Flight Planner:

http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=AIFP&JS=TRUE

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Those are for FS9.  Plans don't transfer to FSX quite so easily.  That's why I said I was looking for some designed for FSX.

Those are for FS9.  Plans don't transfer to FSX quite so easily.  That's why I said I was looking for some designed for FSX.

Sure they do.  Most AI flight plans are designed for FS9.  AIFP is more than capable of saving them in the format FSX requires, or else you can forgo existing FSX AI, and just use ones in FS9 format.

Regardless of which, once you have the source data, it's not very difficult to completely edit it to your liking and save it in the format you wish.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

If the plans have to be modified before using in FSX then we are saying the same thing.  That they don't just transfer.

I was just figuring that by now someone had already created some specific for FSX (so that's what I was trying to look for) but perhaps not.

If the plans have to be modified before using in FSX then we are saying the same thing. That they don't just transfer.

One of the things I've tried to say is that yes, you can use those flight plans (FS9) with FSX.  They transfer just fine.  So long as you have the models and the repaints that those traffic files are written for (which is the far greater effort, when one is going to the trouble of creating custom AI), they will work without issue in FSX.

The only thing you can't do is mix FSX AI flight plans and FS9 AI flight plans.  In that event, FSX will only use the FS9 ones.

However, my other point is that the effort in generating flight plans is the creation of the routes. Whether they are initially written for FS9 or FSX is immaterial, as it is very trivial to save a compiled traffic file (.bgl) in either format.  This, and the fact that FS9 can support far greater amounts of AI traffic on most users machines, is why the groups or individuals that are creating the AI traffic plans usually only tag it as being for FS9.

Using a utility such as AI Flight Planner, you can compile the source files to whatever format you like, decompile the resulting files whenever you like, edit what you wish, etc.  It's very flexible, and worth learning if you want custom or recent AI in your simulator for free.

However, I realize that this isn't for everyone, which is why payware solutions exist.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I'm pretty sure a long time ago I looked at AIFP but don't remember much about it.  I use ttools to decompile/compile plans for FS9 all the time.  But, I also remember reading, a long time ago, that simply converting FS9 plans to FSX, in any utility, wasn't the same as creating them from scratch.  Something still goes a little hinky in it all.  I don't recall the details at all though.  I think the plans still work doing that, but the result is not the same and can cause minor issues.

I'm certainly willing to be wrong, but, that's what I remember.

As far as matching up specific plans with models designed for those plans...  Unless the two are made by the same person, I don't see how that's possible.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying though.