Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

Fltplan.com App & FSX

So I use their app on my ipad, it's called FlightGo...I think. Anyways, they have a feature in the app which allows you to connect to FSX so you'll see your Airplane moving across the Sections (for example) in their App.. I don't know how to get it too work though, I press connect but it doesn't connect. Does anyone know how to use this feature?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I too just installed the GO app on my iPad and found this feature also. However the app tells me to go to www.fltplan.com/FSX. It was either not up or I am blocked. This sounds like a great tool as you would be able to overlay your fsx gps position and desired course over the V routes, hi-IFR and sectional. Interested if others have used it yet with any success.

I have it on the Ipad, if that makes a difference. I still cannot get FSX to connect too it.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Anyone can give the proper name for this app - does not appear in search and url is no good.

DMB

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi all. Just got it to work. Here is how it works with fltplan Go:

1. Get the app.

2. Connect iPad to you fsx computer.

3. Go to www.fltplan.com/fsx.htm and follow instructions on that webpage. A small window will open on you desktop.

4. Open fsx and create or load a flight plan.

5. Go back to the small desktop window and click on "connect to fsx".

6. Come back to fltplan Go and go to maps. Click on the Maps icon and the "map options"

7. Scroll to bottom and place the green check next to the fsx item.

8. Select other options as desired. I chose to add breadcrumbs so I can see my path flown like in Flightaware.

9. Begin flying in FSX and watch your progress. I have my map set for sectionals as a default.

10. ENJOY your improved situational awareness! Spread the word and also give this app a lot of praise if you enjoy it as much as I do!! Happy flying!

2. Connect Ipad to your FSX Computer....do you mean literally?...like plug it in to the FSX computer?

Ron Hamilton

OK I got it too work, but I can't get the App to show my FSX flight plan on the Maps page in the App.

Ron Hamilton

Every time I click on the App Store it is blank. I am starting to think that it is available to download for US customers only.

Thanks fo link.

Link tells me to go to us store then us store says my account not valid ??

Any other way to obtain this app ?

Denis B

Will not show your flight plan. Only progress. Add breadcrumbs for additional awareness.

"Fltplan GO" in the Apple App Store for iPad.

Not sure about app availability internationally.

Will not show your flight plan. Only progress. Add breadcrumbs for additional awareness.

"Fltplan GO" in the Apple App Store for iPad.

Not sure about app availability internationally.

I dont understand what Breadcrumbs are. So the App will not show my intended flt plan at all?

Ron Hamilton

There is a breadcrumbs option under the MAP OPTIONS button where you can click to have the app plot your actual course flown on the flight from takeoff to your current location. You can do this by selecting TOGGLE BREADCRUMBS and SHOW BREADCRUMBS.

If Fltplan GO can show your proposed/loaded FSX flight plan, I have not found a way to do it yet. That would most definitely be helpful. Keep monitoring Fltplan.com' Twitter page and Facebook page for others having success using it also.

My next experiment is to try to use it in the airport diagram for taxiway following. Then will see if it will follow me when I use an IFR procedure plate.

Please send any PIREPs to this forum if you discover anything new or a way to display your proposed/loaded FSX flight plan.

Screen capture from Fltplan.com's Twitter account using breadcrumbs (in green):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4RyseQCAAAFeYH.jpg