Sign in to follow this  
GACSavannah

Three New PC12 Repaints Now Available In The Library

Sure sounds perfect, thank you! But can you do me a favor and not paint the pilots with Duck Dynasty tshirts :) I could change that myself I think I just remove the pilot file in the texture folder?

That particular one (N316DC) was made for my daughter, who is a big fan of DD, hence the tee shirts, DD logo on the tail, registration, and even color choice, with the green and gold reflecting the colors of a mallard.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

I thought it was a generic repaint, sorry about that did not know. It looks nice.

If you are able after the Jetfly, an American registered PC-12 like one of these for flying around the Orbx NA regions

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Pilatus-PC-12-45/2382032/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Pilatus-PC-12-45/2503560/L/

Or a Caribbean based Tradewinds Aviation

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled-(Tradewinds-Aviation)/Pilatus-PC-12-45/2404269/L/

> I thought it was a generic repaint, sorry about that did not know. It looks nice.

No need to apologize, but thank you. I was simply telling how that one came to be as it did. I can make a variant of it without those DD aspects if you would like it. Is there any specific registration you would like, and would you prefer the US or swiss flag on the tail?

> If you are able after the Jetfly, an American registered PC-12 like one of these for flying around the Orbx NA regions

> Or a Caribbean based Tradewinds Aviation

I can take a look at it, but no promise. The way the textures are on Carenado planes, coupled with the lack of any paint kit (apart from the blank white texture) means that they are very time consuming to paint. For instance, I can paint three F1 Mustangs, with spec effects and all, in the time it takes to create one basic  Carenado repaint. It's just kind of a sad reality, that is, in my opinion, the reason that we have so few repaints to choose from as a community, compared to others, such as F1, Quality Wings, PMDG, etc which provide excellent paint kits.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Guest JustanotherPilot

Kerry, Do you have a master fuse psd you'd like to share for those of us struggling to paint the PC12

Kerry, Do you have a master fuse psd you'd like to share for those of us struggling to paint the PC12

I would share it if I had it,Steve, but I don't have one. What I have been doing is actually doing the paint details in CorelDraw!, then importing the vector from CorelDraw! into Corel! PhotoPaint, on top of the provided white texture. Then I am applying a second copy of the same white texture as a third layer above the imported CorelDraw! layer, and applying an 83% Transparency to the top copy of the white texture, so that the darker details remain above the Draw layer, but the blank white areas fade out, which provides the nice details above the paint layer. This technique works with some Carenado planes, but not others. I'm not sure why it doesn't work with some, except that some use an overly ambitious shading which is probably what messes them up.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA

I have seen a number of comments here regarding the lack of repaints for the PC12, so in response I uploaded three fictional repaints for the PC12 this morning, and just verified that they are now active and available in the Avsim library in the FSX Miscellaneous library section. I have a couple others that I am still working on, and if people seem to like the current ones, I'll go ahead and post them as well once complete. 

Fantastic paints Kerry, thanks for sharing these!!

-Bob

Guest JustanotherPilot

I would share it if I had it,Steve, but I don't have one. What I have been doing is actually doing the paint details in CorelDraw!, then importing the vector from CorelDraw! into Corel! PhotoPaint, on top of the provided white texture. Then I am applying a second copy of the same white texture as a third layer above the imported CorelDraw! layer, and applying an 83% Transparency to the top copy of the white texture, so that the darker details remain above the Draw layer, but the blank white areas fade out, which provides the nice details above the paint layer. This technique works with some Carenado planes, but not others. I'm not sure why it doesn't work with some, except that some use an overly ambitious shading which is probably what messes them up.

Thanks for the followup, I tried something similar with PS but it just gets too time consuming. I'll wait for someone more talented than me to have a go, I'm sure it will eventually happen.

Fantastic paints Kerry, thanks for sharing these!!

-Bob

Thank you, and you are welcome

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA

Kerry I absolutely love N12PC 

Oh, cool, you found it! I was just popping in here to let you know it was there for you. I hope you have many happy hours flying her.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA

That I will Kerry do you have the new A2A 182T?

No, I don't have it yet, but probably will pick it up in the future.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA