Sign in to follow this  
Garry J. Smith

Some Interesting Things about the Ford Project Site

November 2014 already - we at the Ford Tri-Motor Project site are now into our 4th year of providing a plethora of "Low and Slow" historical renditions of aircraft, liveries and scenery via the  http://www.ford-tri-motor.net web site.  

All downloads are  FREE from the Ford Project Site - yes, that's right, everything has been FREE to the simming community since the inception of the Project.  No hidden cost, no membership fees, no restricted access or speed - everything on the site gifted to simmers all over the world.

The Ford Tri-Motor Project was conceived by Edward Moore way back in February 2011 when he wanted just a few Ford Tri-Motor repaints created that he could then shared with the simming community - By November 2011 a web site was started off with a batch of Default Microsoft Ford Tri-Motor Special Repaints on a couple of pages - that grew into a total of well over 350 Ford repaints.

Now the site contains 35 pages of downloads with a plethora of aircraft, liveries and some incredible historical scenery - more than 2,000 files are now available from this one site and that number is still growing.

Aircraft that we now have liveries for are: Ford Tri-Motor, Vickers Vimy,  Douglas DC3, Curtiss Jenny, de Havilland DH80A (wheels and floats) de Havilland 88, de Havilland 91, MAC Flamingo, Lockheed Vega 5, Fleet Freighter 50K (Tundra Wheels, Ski's and Floats),  and several other small batches for era specific aircraft such as Junker F13, Messerschmitt ME108, Boeing Clipper and Boeing 221A.

Many award winning aircraft and textures are now exclusively available via the Ford Project Site.

We now track, by counters, about 20% of the overall downloads - and tracking of some only started about 2 years ago and most counters only active from the beginning of this year and some trackers only recently created - and some yet to be implemented for new releases coming soon.   Those trackers provide a feedback of over 261 thousand downloads as of 11 Nov 14 - yep over a quarter of a million tracked downloads.

You do the numbers, 20% tracked over various time frames far less than the sites current existence - got to be a big number :-)

I think we have achieved well over a million total downloads over the last 3 year - nearly three hundred thousand new visitors, since we started tracking those as well, and uncounted return visitors who have benefited and enjoyed this vast volume of FREE downloads. 

We added about 50 Flight Sim related Jigsaw Puzzles just over a year ago - which has now grown to over 400 puzzles - just for a fun diversion from the serious work of Flight Simming and they are rushing towards 100,000 downloads before this Christmas (2014)  - 70 thousand by Aug/Sep this year and now over 90 thousand at the beginning of November 2014. 

The most interesting thing is that the Ford Project Site and the majority of the contents has all been generated by just 2 people.  Edward C. Moore, the driving force on the content and the overall financing of the entire project, and myself (Garry J. Smith) producing most of the content, web site and artwork. 

Sorry if I have bored you with this burst of Ford Project information, but I thought 3 great years of service to the community by the Ford Project Team (of 2) is a worthy milestone for the Ford Project and it is still growing in quality and quantity as it enters into its fourth year of servicing the Flight Sim Community with FREE product.

We hope that many are enjoying our humble endeavours to "Keep History Alive" for flight simming buffs all over the world.

For those who want to check out what is available at the Ford Tri-Motor Project Site surf to: http://www.ford-tri-motor.net

Spend some time just browsing about - check out the many slideshows which give a detailed view of the bucket of projects we have developed so far.  Aircraft, Liveries, Scenery - the list goes on and on :-)

I almost guarantee that you will not leave the site empty handed - something of interest for just about everyone - even if you just grab a Jigsaw Puzzle (now 5 pages of them) to see what they are like to do, and I am sure you will come back for more.

Regards

Edward C. Moore and Garry J. Smith 

Your Ford Project Team.

November 2014 already - we at the Ford Tri-Motor Project site are now into our 4th year of providing a plethora of "Low and Slow" historical renditions of aircraft, liveries and scenery via the  http://www.ford-tri-motor.net web site.  

All downloads are  FREE from the Ford Project Site - yes, that's right, everything has been FREE to the simming community since the inception of the Project.  No hidden cost, no membership fees, no restricted access or speed - everything on the site gifted to simmers all over the world.

The Ford Tri-Motor Project was conceived by Edward Moore way back in February 2011 when he wanted just a few Ford Tri-Motor repaints created that he could then shared with the simming community - By November 2011 a web site was started off with a batch of Default Microsoft Ford Tri-Motor Special Repaints on a couple of pages - that grew into a total of well over 350 Ford repaints.

Now the site contains 35 pages of downloads with a plethora of aircraft, liveries and some incredible historical scenery - more than 2,000 files are now available from this one site and that number is still growing.

Aircraft that we now have liveries for are: Ford Tri-Motor, Vickers Vimy,  Douglas DC3, Curtiss Jenny, de Havilland DH80A (wheels and floats) de Havilland 88, de Havilland 91, MAC Flamingo, Lockheed Vega 5, Fleet Freighter 50K (Tundra Wheels, Ski's and Floats),  and several other small batches for era specific aircraft such as Junker F13, Messerschmitt ME108, Boeing Clipper and Boeing 221A.

Many award winning aircraft and textures are now exclusively available via the Ford Project Site.

We now track, by counters, about 20% of the overall downloads - and tracking of some only started about 2 years ago and most counters only active from the beginning of this year and some trackers only recently created - and some yet to be implemented for new releases coming soon.   Those trackers provide a feedback of over 261 thousand downloads as of 11 Nov 14 - yep over a quarter of a million tracked downloads.

You do the numbers, 20% tracked over various time frames far less than the sites current existence - got to be a big number :-)

I think we have achieved well over a million total downloads over the last 3 year - nearly three hundred thousand new visitors, since we started tracking those as well, and uncounted return visitors who have benefited and enjoyed this vast volume of FREE downloads. 

We added about 50 Flight Sim related Jigsaw Puzzles just over a year ago - which has now grown to over 400 puzzles - just for a fun diversion from the serious work of Flight Simming and they are rushing towards 100,000 downloads before this Christmas (2014)  - 70 thousand by Aug/Sep this year and now over 90 thousand at the beginning of November 2014. 

The most interesting thing is that the Ford Project Site and the majority of the contents has all been generated by just 2 people.  Edward C. Moore, the driving force on the content and the overall financing of the entire project, and myself (Garry J. Smith) producing most of the content, web site and artwork. 

Sorry if I have bored you with this burst of Ford Project information, but I thought 3 great years of service to the community by the Ford Project Team (of 2) is a worthy milestone for the Ford Project and it is still growing in quality and quantity as it enters into its fourth year of servicing the Flight Sim Community with FREE product.

We hope that many are enjoying our humble endeavours to "Keep History Alive" for flight simming buffs all over the world.

For those who want to check out what is available at the Ford Tri-Motor Project Site surf to: http://www.ford-tri-motor.net

Spend some time just browsing about - check out the many slideshows which give a detailed view of the bucket of projects we have developed so far.  Aircraft, Liveries, Scenery - the list goes on and on :-)

I almost guarantee that you will not leave the site empty handed - something of interest for just about everyone - even if you just grab a Jigsaw Puzzle (now 5 pages of them) to see what they are like to do, and I am sure you will come back for more.

Regards

Edward C. Moore and Garry J. Smith 

Your Ford Project Team.

Sat there starring at the web page kinda like deer in the headlights. Not sure what to make of it. Interesting though confusing and spectacular. Thanks for the heads up.

Gary, I have only taken a brief look, but will go back and investigate more of the web site. GREAT job and glad to see the interest in one of the great vintage aircraft. I am originally from the Akron, Ohio area and know that Ford and Firestone had a LONG business history together. I am not too sure how far it extended into the aircraft area. With Bridgestone purchase of Firestone we are now seeing another twist in history. Thanks for your efforts.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Greetings,

Sorry if it seems confusing to some.  Like all sites as you mouse over the screen the mouse cursor goes

from pointer to a finger (a clickable point).  We do require that you user be able to read English and move

a mouse.   It is all free with no login nor any tracking stuff.  We are a FS9 site that has six hundred or so

FS9 & FSX aircraft repaints.  As long as DX10 mode is not used all of our FS9 default repaints workl

That includes - FORD TRI-Motor, Lockheed VEGA, Curtiss JN4, Vickers Vimy, DH-88 Comet, 

and Douglas DC3.  Additionally the DH-91, DH-89a and DH-80 repaints work well in FSX.

Scenery, not so much joy, mostly does not work in FSX but some does.  JigSaw puzzles are not

Flight Sim specific - 400 of them to enjoy.  Take care and go have some fun!

Regards.

Ed Moore

Sorry if it seems confusing to some.  Like all sites as you mouse over the screen the mouse cursor goes
from pointer to a finger (a clickable point).  We do require that you user be able to read English and move
a mouse.  

Really? That's your response?

Greetings friends,

Again, sorry if our site is confusing, there  are many things to visit and we have many different ways to enter

each area.......  did not want to seem unfriendly but if you read the headings it is self explanatory as to what it

is an entry too.   Main page has FORD tri motor repaints in pages of letters - A thu E, next page F thru  O and

so on - four tabs plus one extra called BONUS with 64 extra FORD repaints, total of 360 - one page would

seem to be to long so Garry made it into multiple pages of about 65 repaints each......still a lot.

Our support aircraft has its own page - again, with multiple pages required in VEGA and DH80 models.

So it can seem like a whole bunch.

It has taken about four years to build this site up - again, all for free and paid for by me with many

gifts of time and talent by Garry Smith, I have spent about ten thousand dollars and Garry has gifted

over ten thousand dollars in time, talent and FREE repaints on his own.  

So for yes, My response, yes, use your mouse and read about all the stuff we have done.   ENJOY and

go fly.....Thanks and take care.

Ed Moore

Lol... Ed, I have thanked Garry before & have forgotten about you, behind the scenes.. Thanks for all you have done for our hobby & for explaining the use of a mouse! (lol again!)

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Thanks to Ed and Garry for their hard work. Free downloads and sharing is what life's about in my humble opinion. You set a great example to follow!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!