Sign in to follow this  
chris1965

P3D v2.5 by the end of the year?

I haven't had any sim experience better that P3D. Smooth, stutter free and absolutely beautiful!

Perfect?  Nope, but unusable?  You HAVE to be kidding or something else is going on and it's not P3D.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I have to go with Vic on this. There are things I don't like about P3D (lonely night skies, without AI lights over distance, to name one). But I am extremely pleased that I can sit at gate 45 at CYVR, in an A319, with avg 20 frames per second and virtually no shimmering, thanks to DSR. When I begin to taxi, takeoff and climb; the performance is smooth. I like shadows in my cockpit. I like being able to export a controls profile. I like not having to tweak myself into distraction. I like being able to set my text max load in the sim, on the fly.

The list goes on...I think that the surface has just been scratched. I would like to see a release or two that just concentrate on fixing the current issues. Save any new features for a time where all of the plumbing is repaired.

They definitely need to sort out the frame rate tanking at sunrise/sunset when you have shadows on. Thought it would be sorted in 2.4 but alas not. My system can maintain a decent frame rate now in pretty much all situations apart from sunrise/sunset and then it can easily hit single figures!

They definitely need to sort out the frame rate tanking at sunrise/sunset when you have shadows on. Thought it would be sorted in 2.4 but alas not. My system can maintain a decent frame rate now in pretty much all situations apart from sunrise/sunset and then it can easily hit single figures!

This isn't a bug. At dawn and dusk the shadows are longer, and as a result more resource-intensive.

If there's something about the shadows that has to be fixed, it's the terrain shadows appearing as dark spots during noon.

Which shadows are you referring to?

It's the cloud shadows I think. I haven't tested all scenarios of shadows being on/off but it also seems to vary wildly depending on if you have the sun in your field of view or not.

This isn't a bug. At dawn and dusk the shadows are longer, and as a result more resource-intensive.

If there's something about the shadows that has to be fixed, it's the terrain shadows appearing as dark spots during noon.

Well yeah, there's that as well but I'm not buying the more resource intensive line. Calculating a cloud shadow is just calculating an area of shadow and shouldn't be affected by the height of the sun. Also, it's not a gradual framerate loss as the sun goes down, it is like a switch that occurs when the sun reaches a certain point and it suddenly goes from 30fps to single figures. That is a bug in my book.

2.3 and 2.4 are so crippled by visual artifacts, bugs and issues that they're practically unusable

I wouldn't say crippled. Certainly not on my system. Yes there are some annoying visual bugs that need to be addressed soon (ie vertical clouds, oversized autogen bridges, buildings etc).

I wish they'd finally fix the R6025 error when running the sim with tessellation ticked OFF. I wonder if anyone is running P3D with it ticked OFF without getting an error.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I just don't understand why so many users are unhappy. P3Dv2.4 all in all is excellent. I see users complaining about their

P3D experience yet they have 2 or 3 NON P3D add-ons installed. Don't blame LM blame the developer if it's taking too

long to get their product out for P3D.

Then the demand of 64bit NOW.  My God, LM has been wonderful with updates compared to Microsoft!!!  Maybe many have

forgotten how long it took MS to respond to ANYTHING. MS treated us like cr*p.

It will take a LONG LONG alpha and beta testing period for 64bit. I predict when LM do release a 64bit beta the testing will

take the better part of a year. 

FaxCap

Dawn & Dusk issues have been present since FSX. I don't have the link but there was an in depth discussion by a developer as to why this happens. I believe that the LM team already has that on their radar, hopefully to be remedied soon.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I just don't understand why so many users are unhappy. P3Dv2.4 all in all is excellent. I see users complaining about their

P3D experience yet they have 2 or 3 NON P3D add-ons installed. Don't blame LM blame the developer if it's taking too

long to get their product out for P3D.

Then the demand of 64bit NOW.  My God, LM has been wonderful with updates compared to Microsoft!!!  Maybe many have

forgotten how long it took MS to respond to ANYTHING. MS treated us like cr*p.

It will take a LONG LONG alpha and beta testing period for 64bit. I predict when LM do release a 64bit beta the testing will

take the better part of a year. 

FaxCap

I am have no add-ons installed and I am getting many of the issues reported in here.