Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Back! and Happy!

Almost 2 months out! No computer! (Well, maybe not a bad thing.)

But, finally back and a need to celebrate. What would you do? A brewskie and sit back and watch the game?

Not me! I went flying. :lol:

Took the Mustang out for a spin, inverted of course, for the joy of it.

Joyride_01_zps2c7d1cbd.jpg

I love this airplane!

Joyride_02_zps95615071.jpg

Joyride_03_zps75ce4eaa.jpg

Joyride_04_zps96564d37.jpg

Finally, headed back for a landing.

Joyride_05_zps8687f8b2.jpg

Gear down and locked, flaps extended, right on the glide slope, looking good.

Joyride_06_zps8b83f140.jpg

Parked on the apron right where she belongs.

Joyride_07_zpsed3b26ee.jpg

I have surely missed a lot, and need to catch up. I did connect to a Live server, but obviously no Aerocache, so I shall never get the 350. Also, have to see how Steve is doing with scenery conversion, that is very important.

But, first some more flying. I was so desperate that I planned to buy one of those palm-sized quadcopters so that I could get my flying fix - probably still will get it because it looks like fun. :lol:

But I am really happy to be back, hello to all, and thanks to Tom.

Best regards.

Luis

Luis - Welcome back. You've been missed.  Hope your computer troubles are over now.

As for the aerocaches, install the newest version of the toolkit. It will list all 350 aerocaches and will show the ones you haven't collected. Then, you can get them at your leisure.

You need to read  the latest posts about the kits, as there are two flavors. One has multiplayer, and the other doesn't. Any questions you might have would be best answered by Stonelance (Steve), Kavinda JD, or Baysys. They have a wealth of knowledge on which version to use.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Ah... Missed ya! Great to see you back! 

Yes, you can get all the aerocaches by installing the non-GFWL version which ends in ".5"
"Non-GFWL version (Aerocaches and no GFWL keys needed, but no multiplayer)
FlightToolkit 1.0.23.5"

Scenery conversion is coming soon, so get ready!  :lol:

Hi Luis.

Happy you are back!

I also would like a quad-copter someday ( with a camera, of course). I saw a video of one hovering over Niagara Falls. Spectacular video.

Dick

Thanks to all, I am glad to be back with you guys. And thanks for the info on changes - I got Steve's latest toolkit installed yesterday and hope that Dick will show me how to do the whole world, like in his great screenshots! :lol:

I really love that DJI Phanton Vision 2 Plus, Tom (whew! What a name.) And the GPS problem seems easy to fix with some kitchen foil. That gimbal does seem a little too easy to damage, worrisome. Not to mention that I would probably break it on the first flight - ouch! There goes a thousand bucks! By, the way, have you ever broken yours?

Still, I really want it, maybe for my 50th birthday. No, wait, that was some years ago. :lol: So it is way overdue.

Best to all.

Luis

DJI Phantom:

Yes Luis, I have crashed it more times than I care to mention.  It is amazingly resilient, especially with the prop guards installed.  I also replaced the regular landing gear with some taller / wider ones so I would not trash my son's $300 GoPro camera.  There are getting to be more and more restrictions on where these can be flown, so don't wait too long.

-Tom 

Great to see you back again Luis, miss your help with screen shot posting.

Steve

Hi Folks

Luis -
Welcome back.
Sorry to hear of your PC problems,
I'd just assumed you'd had your head down converting assets.

re: Latest Flight Toolkit
If using the non-GFWL version,

ensure you've got FlightToolkit 1.0.25.5
not 1.0.23.5 cited earlier, (23.5 doesn't save profile changes).

HTH
ATB
Paul

Hi Luis.

I left a message for you at FSDeveloper concerning the FSX conversion. Steve has OK'd posting some screenshots of FSX content, so we can soon see your adventures in the New World.

Dick

Coolness

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5