Sign in to follow this  
Silver0066

How to stop DHM in Live Camera?

If you are using Live Camera then it must be disabled in every camera view for the aircraft type. Otherwise you must disable the General DHM options in the Configure dialog.

Stephen :-)

If you have Live Camera and Live Camera Control turned off in the Configure dialog, and you are not using the General DHM, then there will be no eye point control at all. No part of the software will be controlling the 6DOF via SimConnect. So just turn the options off in the Opus Configure dialog and then no eye point control software will even be running. Of course there may be other causes, I'm not really sure what you mean by a fast movement. Are you talking about the aircraft or your eye point. If you are moving the eye point using the hat switch or something then it will be related to that. But no Opus eye point control software will be active.

The Opus DHM can only be active if you have enabled it via camera views or the General DHM settings. You can check these settings yourself. Also make sure you have disabled Live Camera Control then there will be no possible changes to the eye point within the Opus software. The DHM thread will never become active.

If it's due to aircraft movements then you could check the sims head acceleration effects. Can't really think of anything else in the sim unless you have some controls assigned in the sim or FSUIPC4.

I am using P3D.  I only purchased Opus for the camera control. I have Live Camera and Live Camera Control turned on.  I have DHM turned off in the configure menu and with each camera view.  I don't know if it is the aircraft or the eyepoint, but every time I go into a dive, the back of the pilot's seat obstructs my view.

The hat switch is used for free panning, and set up from the P3D menu.  The elevators, ailerons and rudder are setup thru FSUIPC. Buttons thru Linda

I also have DHM disabled in all Opus views.  I also set AHM to zero, and yet the seat keeps blocling my view.

I don't have any dynamic movement enabled in P3D.  Opus will not control any cameras if I turn off camera control.

What am I doing wrong?  Is this movement an intregal part of the program that can't be disabled?

Thanks for you help,

Silver

If you have all that turned off then DHM will not be active, but make sure you try turning off Live Camera and Live Camera Control in the FSISERVERs Configure dialog, just to isolate the OpusFSI software.

This sounds to me like a head acceleration effect, which is something also done in the sim. First make sure that your pilots eye point is not set too far back, or too near to the back of the seat. You could try and see if the same thing happens in other aircraft.

If configured VC views it could be a simple case of setting the eye point too far back in the seat, so when even the sims head acceleration effects kick in the seat comes into view.

You can disable head acceleration from an Opus point of view in our DHM dialog. But that effect is separate from the sims effect and only active when DHM is active.

Not sure how you disable the sims own head acceleration effect.

You could try using Live Camera to move the eye point away from the seat slightly, adjust the eye points Z axis so that it is move forward slightly still using default zoom levels for the VC view. Then see, with DHM disabled for that VC camera, what effect you get. It could be the sims head acceleration is too severe.