Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Mindstar GNS?

Hi,

I'm considering to buy the Mindstar GNS 430/530 package.

On the web site however, there is absolutely no information provided about the product/functionality...

No detailed information, no manual, no images, no video. (If there is, they have kept it secret very good)

And, as surplus, no return policy.

The description says: The Mindstar GNS430/530 is a flight sim gauge that simulates 1 or 2 Garmin GNS430s or GNS530's

To what extend simulates it the GNS430/530???

Normally this lack of information indicates lack of fuctionality and/or quality.

Does anyone has the Mindstar GNS gauges, and are they any good?

(Both graphic wise and functionality)

I don't mind to fork out $50 but at least I want to know on exactly what I spend/spill my money on.

thanks for your help,

Egbert

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

And look at my comments on Pilotedge...

Regards,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I'm also on the fence to get this as I miss my Reality XP Garmins in Prepar3D. I e-mailed them about the realism. I was curious about the map page for instance. Does this have roads and railroads? In my mail I assumed it wouldn't have, because the Mindstars are based on the default FSX/Prepar3d GPS system. My assumption was never confirmed.

This e-mail exchange took place almost two months ago. The Mindstar person (no greetings or introduction in the mail, so I have no clue whom I was corresponding with) also spoke of a video that they would get up on Youtube soon. Haven't seen it yet.

Mindstar doesn't seem to keen on selling their product to us. I won't purchase until I have access to a full featurelist.

And look at my comments on Pilotedge...

Do you have a link?

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Also consider the Flight1 GTN 650/750 units... they are the newer Garmin line, replacements for the GNS series.

Bert

Also, there is a subscription to the Navdata that needs purchasing for Mindstar Garmin .. I do not know what the extra cost $$ is.

Is there Terrain and Obstacle data also ??

WAAS, LPV approach?

Need to see a features list to be sure.

Edit:

Rimshot :

"I e-mailed them about the realism. I was curious about the map page for instance. Does this have roads and railroads? In my mail I assumed it wouldn't have, because the Mindstars are based on the default FSX/Prepar3d GPS system. My assumption was never confirmed."

Sorry to hear that ... as product support is a very important.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Also consider the Flight1 GTN 650/750 units... they are the newer Garmin line, replacements for the GNS series.

I was expecting this response from you Bert, I've seen you leading people in the direction of the Flight1 GTN before  :lol: I also intend to purchase these, but I still want to be able to use a GNS stack as well.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I have but decided not to do:

• Nav data can not be updated, unless you pay several $100's
  • Extra investment required for world wide data
  • Expensive + a surplus for P3D users.

Mindstar doesn't seem to keen on selling their product to us. I won't purchase until I have access to a full featurelist.

I don't know either, but like you I won't fork out $90 (incl nav data) unless I know what I'm paying for.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Whatever floats your boat.

The gtn units are superior in every way.. IMHO

Bert

I'm also on the fence to get this as I miss my Reality XP Garmins in Prepar3D. I e-mailed them about the realism. I was curious about the map page for instance. Does this have roads and railroads? In my mail I assumed it wouldn't have, because the Mindstars are based on the default FSX/Prepar3d GPS system. My assumption was never confirmed.

This e-mail exchange took place almost two months ago. The Mindstar person (no greetings or introduction in the mail, so I have no clue whom I was corresponding with) also spoke of a video that they would get up on Youtube soon. Haven't seen it yet.

Do you have a link?

Look for the forum, search mindstar, hesynergy

C

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Nav data is $40 for quarterly updates. You need this for SIDS and STARS.

I've owned Mindstar four months in P3d. Support is ok but sometimes a little blunt.

One known problem it crashes P3d on changing aircraft - not yet fixed. Otherwise seems a good unit that works well.

Integration in Panel can be challenging at first.

There is a great video series in A2A Cherokee Google KPSP KOXR

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vLrKuL6l3yM

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Egbert perhaps you could pm forum member WarpD, the very droll Ed Wilson, who is a Mindstar person.  <_<

Whatever floats your boat.

The gtn units are superior in every way.. IMHO

Yea but the screens are too big I was gonna get them but they don't look good in the planes I fly (Steam gauges)

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Thank you all for the replies.

Based on these replies and on information / support expereinces of actual owners, I decided not to buy the Mindstar packages.

So the alternative is the Flight1 GNS650.... Have to think about that for a while ^_^