Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Saratoga II TC looks and flies great.

I installed it around noon today and have been flying and checking out the details. Looking good so far.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I love this aircraft at 75% 29/24 I'm getting 158kts GS

I like 33/24 for 80%, Gas is cheap and overhauls are free in the simulator.

Ray

Hi! Compared with PA34 V of Carenado .......... wich is better? of course i know that one is single and the other is twin, but speak to the FDE .... how it is?

Robert

Both are very good. The two share a lot of instuments and such. Looks and feel are almost the same just like in the real world versions.

I personally like the twin a little better for the flying but I like the big new GTN750 in the Saratoga panel. It makes a world of difference.

FDE are very good for both. My Seneca V will not climb on a single engine but that will probably be fixed soon.

I think the sound is weak on the Saratoga TC and am trying to get an add on sound set to test for the review.

Ray

1. I just discovered the Weight and Balance does not work. The weights are calculated but the CG is on the nose all the time. I notified Support.

2. A premium Sound Pack specifically for the Saratoga TC is in work and I expect a beta copy in a day or so to test for the review.

Regards,

Ray

I'd probably buy a new sound pack - how are the ArezOne sets?  They want about $12 for a set?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ray,

Which company is making the premium sounds for the Saratoga TC?   I know Synchro-Soft released the C207 premium sounds right after the Alabeo 207 was released.

Mike

What's wrong with the sounds? Are Alabeo/Carenado on the wrong track with using the "nc headphones on" sets or is there something more severe?

I am not a sound expert, but, I do know what I like and don't like and the released sound package is quite weak in many areas. This is a big 6 cyl TIO-540-AH1A 300hp Lycoming engine and should have some deep throaty sounds among other things. This was a new engine designation for the 1999 model when the Saratoga II TC was introduced. This was the Saratoga II HP model (from 1993/94) fitted with an intercooled turbocharger.

The base IO-540 is the big workhorse Lycoming that is used in many Cessnas like the 182, 206 and many others. The hp varies greatly so the dashed numbers are important and whether is has a 2-bladed or 3-bladed prop will affect the sounds. There must be 30 or more models of the O-540 Lycoming. Just about every airplane company has used one or more over the years. The O-541 is the same engine with some sort of directly installed accessory, like in the Beechcraft line.

Interestingly the Piper Seneca V has Continental 220 hp engines. Go figure.

It is surprising to me that Piper even chose the big Lycoming since it is owned by Textron, which was Cessna at the time. Hard times makes for some strange bedfellows, I suppose. Continental actually owned Piper for a few years. I guess Continental was the major creditor when Piper went under so that may explain how the engine company ended up owning the airplane manufacturer.

SkySong Soundworks is working on a new sound pack specific to the Saratoga TC.

An existing add on sound pack for the Piper Arrow is close - Lycoming TIO-360. Pickup about mid-way thru and compare the sounds to the existing Alabeo Saratoga TC sounds.

You can listen to a demo at FSPilotShot.com

Regards,

Ray

What's wrong with the sounds? Are Alabeo/Carenado on the wrong track with using the "nc headphones on" sets or is there something more severe?

It's just bland... sounds default-ish - interior is muddled.  It's like they skimped on sounds since its Alabeo (which used to be 20 bucks now we're at 30)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It's actually a TIO-540 I don't know what version of the TIO-540 it is

Yes, the T is for Turbocharged and the I is for Fuel Injected. The base O is for the normally aspirated engine. The 540 is the Cubic Inch displacement.

Ray