Sign in to follow this  
TristanAbyss

Business jets in p3d

Hi Guys,

first something about me: I started in FSX, but switched to Prepar3d a few months ago and probably will never go back... ^_^

In FSX my favourites were all the PMDG aircrafts. In P3D I am happily flying with Aerosofts A318 to 321, Qualitywings 146 and 757, Majestícs Q400 and hopefully soon PDMGs 737 and 777 .

But recently I would love to fly a smaller business jet.  But there is my problem: coming from the heavies I am addicted to FMS and flight plans....

Therefore my question is:

Is there a payware business jet or turboprop, capable of P3D, which has some kind of FMS with SID/STARS available, capable of ILS approaches, an AIRAC which can be updated by Navdatapro or Navigraph and capable of importing flight plans generated by PFPX , e.g.?

Thank you in advance for your help and I am looking forward to your suggestions.

Tris

I know that it's not what you are looking for, because it doesn't have FMS, but the Lionheart Creations Learjet 24B is a great business jet, a pleasure to fly and FPS friendly.

Martin

I, truly, wouldn't recommend any of the existing biz jets.  The F1 Mustang has a G1000 but has been left behind in FSX.  Probably the closest things on the horizon is the Milviz Avanti (not really a jet but it performs like one) and the Carenado Hawker (which will probably be buggy).  So, for me at this point, I'm waiting for the Avanti.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

That's also my question, I saw Carenado released the Phenom 100, but it don't have FMS, right?

That's also my question, I saw Carenado released the Phenom 100, but it don't have FMS, right?

Well, it is a kind of FMS but from what I've heard it's not a good implementation.  The Mustang's is much better...deeper, doesn't have the frame rate hit.  But, again, the Mustang is 'end of development' and FSX only.

EDIT:  Also, the Phenom doesn't use Navigraph data so you're using the old FSX nav data.  The word is the Hawker will use Navigraph data...but I'd monitor the Carenado forums for the list of bugs and framerates.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Check out the MilViz Beechcraft 350i Turbo Prop.  It's not a jet but it is for business.  It has full FMS implementation with update-able Nav data.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I have purchased the Caranado Phenom 100 recently and the so called FMS had driven me nuts: very complicated to use, but not logical, CTDs, not updatable...

I have looked up the Milviz 350. It may be what I am looking for in a way, but it is not released yet. Correct? What bothers me, is that I run Windows 8 and the website states it is not supported...

Greetings,

Tris

The Milviz KA 350 preview alpha is available if you try the pre purchase. The windows 8 not being supported is due to the devs not having Win8 platforms to test and troubleshoot on.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

I preordered the B350i. I received 3 alpha versions that are not P3Dv2 compatible yet. It is in alpha stage, so not everything is functional, but it is coming together. I am on Windows 8.1 and I am having no problems whatsoever.

We are expecting a Beta version for christmas. I am a little disappointed by the graphics but I will wait for the final release to talk about it.

You can fly any of the Biz jets if you have reality xp or the GNS750 as a pop panel .Its not an FMC but they do use nav data

ZORAN

You can fly any of the Biz jets if you have reality xp or the GNS750 as a pop panel .Its not an FMC but they do use nav data

Reality XP does not work in P3D and it is the worst crap I ever bought for my flight sims. Just having an up-to-date AIRAC is a nightmare, and it loses its registration so often that I keep on having to reinstall it.

Thats why I also mentioned the GNS 750. I dont own it but I do know that a current data base is being shared around the forums and I believe you can buy a current world wide base anyway.

ZORAN

Thats why I also mentioned the GNS 750. I dont own it but I do know that a current data base is being shared around the forums and I believe you can buy a current world wide base anyway.

Have you priced the airac from garmin?? The subscription costs hundreds of dollars. This is the same one in use by real pilotes. "Belynz" a FSX youtuber just puchased the 750 and subscription. He has paid over 500 for the package (from flight 1 and garmin) and he still has to purchase the european moving map database for another 300. We're simmers, not airplane owners.

My friend, if you were an aero

Have you priced the airac from garmin?? The subscription costs hundreds of dollars. This is the same one in use by real pilotes. "Belynz" a FSX youtuber just puchased the 750 and subscription. He has paid over 500 for the package (from flight 1 and garmin) and he still has to purchase the european moving map database for another 300. We're simmers, not airplane owners.

My friend if you were an airplane owner you would be forking out 20 grand not $375   :rolleyes:

Now if you keep your eyes open you will eventually see people who have the current data base thats being passed around for free but dont be shy about using your PM button

The main reason I went for the DX10 fixer and not P3d is to keep my stunning little mustang but it was a great choice as DX10 is simply brilliant anyway  :BigGrin: 

ZORAN

The main reason I went for the DX10 fixer and not P3d is to keep my stunning little mustang but it was a great choice as DX10 is simply brilliant anyway :BigGrin:

LOL...Yeah, I'm going to scrape every penny out of that aircraft!

Gregg Seipp