Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

Could a flight simmer take off with a real 737 ?

Boy! ...and can we get a break from insurance solicitations? Already tired of seeing an ex-footballer, a farmer, a symbolic NY statue, humpback whale, gecko, duck and an insurance waitress one-upping each other on their home and car insurance policies every other minute.

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

Pilots are not super humans with the amazing ability to fly an aircraft, flying is easy, like driving a car or riding a bike, anyone can do it...anyone. The are trained in procedures, systems and emergency procedures etc. Pilots had to fly a spitfire alone on the first flight with only a few words of encouragement.

Yes I'm sure I could pull the yoke back until the nose rotated, unstick a bit and lift off, it's not that hard. I would hope every want to be pilot had that confidence. I done my first powered flight without help from the instructor after I lied about having some hours, I had 1000's of hours though...on fs98!

-Iain Watson-

No, but does an auctioneer make a terrible grocery cashier?

Pilots are not super humans with the amazing ability to fly an aircraft, flying is easy, like driving a car or riding a bike, anyone can do it...anyone. The are trained in procedures, systems and emergency procedures etc. Pilots had to fly a spitfire alone on the first flight with only a few words of encouragement.

Yes I'm sure I could pull the yoke back until the nose rotated, unstick a bit and lift off, it's not that hard. I would hope every want to be pilot had that confidence. I done my first powered flight without help from the instructor after I lied about having some hours, I had 1000's of hours though...on fs98!

Another vote for the blind monkey!

Tell that to the Wright brothers or the guy who had the 1month challenge to land a 737 or the bare foot bandit or Christopher Columbus. All in all with the right conditions, a good instructor and preparation I think it's possible.

No idea why everyone is making this seem like rocket science. It's not THAT hard. jeez...

Daniel Wasinski, SWA5594, Senior Captain, Southwest Virtual Airlines

"Without a heart, it's just a machine."

Umm. I think you might have missed the joke  :huh:

If it was a joke then fair enough. But, you would be surprised by the number of people who do that in reality and pay the consequences. So my comments were fully justified.

Pilots are not super humans with the amazing ability to fly an aircraft, flying is easy, like driving a car or riding a bike, anyone can do it...anyone.

Not so chummy! I and many others have rejected potential pilots for not having the requisite mentality. I've seen people with tens of thousands of pounds asking to be taught to fly being turned away after just one or two lessons. To be a pilot you must have the right frame of mind. Surprised as you may be the Italian aviation authority is as rigid in its requirements as the UK CAA. If you fail just one exam then that's it! No more piloting for you! Ever!

Taking off is not always as easy as many here says. Try to put simmer into a C152 and let him take of from a grass runway. Spoiler alert - it is completely different than in FSX.

Maybe with light, non high performance sport plane on flat, concrete runway it is easy, but I don't think you can compare it to something bigger and much more powerful. What if you start your roll and you need to adjust your alignment on runway? You have never done that on similar plane before, you can easily "overpush" rudder, panic and end up off the runway. What if you pull the stick too much on rotation and end up stalling the airplane?

Physics of taking off / landing in FSX are very unreallistic. Yes, taking off in real is quite easy IF you are used to controls and have this muscle memory.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Didnt we just suffer through at least 10 pages a week ago on this same subject? With pretty much the same replies?

and another 10, until we stop replying on these topics and since we are humans we never will.

-Roland

No idea why everyone is making this seem like rocket science. It's not THAT hard. jeez...

....even a caveman could do it.