Sign in to follow this  
AF330

Airbus FD and AP

Hi!

I know that the FMGS sends it's data to the FD. A/P follows the FD.

What are the bars displayed on the PFD? Real attitude or the one AP has to follow?

Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Real (or current) attitude is displayed to you by attitude indicator, Flight Director bars are what

you or A/P should follow.

Thanks a lot!!! 

So when we click on "FD", it basically stops displaying the bars but inside the FD computer, the FMGS is still sending and AP is following them, right?

Thanks a lot michal!  ^_^

I have no clue what it all means. I have a feeling you are the same person that asks endless questions and can't comprehend simplest answers.

(...) So when we click on "FD", it basically stops displaying the bars but inside the FD computer, the FMGS is still sending and AP is following them, right?

(...)

Yes, sort of: The FGS will still control the A/P and the F/D; the F/D bars are just not visible anymore.

Thanks a lot olli4740! ;)

So the bars that are displayed on the PFD is our real attitude.

1) So are the IRU also direcly connected to the DMC's to display it on the PFD?

2) I imagine that the attitude also goes to the FMGS, to check if what he wanted was done or not....right? ;)

So the bars that are displayed on the PFD is our real attitude.

No the FD bars do not indicate your attitude your artificial horizon is your real attitude. That information comes from the ADIRUS.

When you turn off the FD bars with the AP engaged you still verify your FMA. If the modes are still annunciated then the AP is still following the FG part of the FMGCS. When you turn a FD off you should turn off both FDs.

There are two kinds of FD bars the HDG/V/S bar and the TRK/FPA bar. When I turn the FD bars off with the AP off I as technique turn on the FPV so that I can verify that the airplane is going where I am directing it to go.

Euh.....I don't get it.....

1) If we lose FMGS do we lose A/P?

2) So what are the FD bars displayed on the PFD?????

Thanks

Hey....woodreau, thought about this:

Does it show our real attitude when AP button off and the attitude that AP has to follow with AP button on?

Thanks

No the FD bars do not indicate your attitude your artificial horizon is your real attitude. That information comes from the ADIRUS.

When you turn off the FD bars with the AP engaged you still verify your FMA. If the modes are still annunciated then the AP is still following the FG part of the FMGCS. When you turn a FD off you should turn off both FDs.

There are two kinds of FD bars the HDG/V/S bar and the TRK/FPA bar. When I turn the FD bars off with the AP off I as technique turn on the FPV so that I can verify that the airplane is going where I am directing it to go.

Wait...so when we enter something in the FCU, the FD bars will show the attitude WE SHOULD HAVE to reach the desired date entered in the FCU? So basically, it will show the attitude the A/P should reach?

Thanks

May I suggest to make yourself familiar with the differences between an artificial horizon and the F/D bars on a PFD.

Furthermore, for the most basic approach I can imagine right now, think of the F/D as the "brain" and the A/P as the "muscles" of the automated flight.

Also the Learning Center within FSX can be really helpful to cover some of the basics involved in your questions.

Why doesn't the OP fly a simulator and experiment.

There is one freely available and full function (check my signature).