Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

St Maarten?

So, I was thinking about areas I would like to visit if/when it becomes possible to add FSX scenery to flight, and it occurred to me that St Maarten would be perfect!!

Where would you like to fly?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

My first task, Devon, once I get obligations to Steve and Dick out of the way, is to start converting my Caribbean projects, i.e. Virgins, Leeward, Windward, Cayman Islands, then move on from there.

Flying in Hawai'i and Alaska has been very enjoyable, but they are not my part of the world.

Best regards.

Luis

My first task, Devon, once I get obligations to Steve and Dick out of the way, is to start converting my Caribbean projects, i.e. Virgins, Leeward, Windward, Cayman Islands, then move on from there.

Flying in Hawai'i and Alaska has been very enjoyable, but they are not my part of the world.

Best regards.

Luis

That will be wonderful, Luis. I've been to the Caribbean a couple of times and the islands have always been one of my favorite locales. Looking forward to your additions.

Too bad I don't know anything about how to convert scenery or I would help too.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I wish they had done the northeast US in Flight quality, say from Boston to Washington DC.

I was thinking along similar lines. Offhand, I can think of only a few spots in FSX that would also be showcases in FLIGHT as well. St. Maarten was definitely one of them.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Too bad I don't know anything about how to convert scenery or I would help too.

I'll probably look into adding that onto the guide!

It's quite a long process but a converter is essential. Flight uses .bgl files but they are modified from FSX so you can't view them in TmfViewer. You can import airports into Flight, but that's about it at the moment.

Steve, has certainly got this working, but needs to be finalized.

The tools are still in beta mode, so only selected developers are able to test. As far as I know Dick, Brandon and Orion are the three who are testing and keeping Steve's spirits high!  :lol:

Does anyone know how big an area can be developed at a time? :mellow:

According to Steve, the conversion of all the scenery files resulted into more than 6.5 GB so everything is possible to be converted (at once) and installed. However, it may take some tweaking to adjust some errors.

i really would love to see IRELAND someday. Dreaming..... :wink:

The conversion for FSX content can be done all in one ( preferred ) or as parts. It converts airports, vectors, landclass, autogen, objects, mesh.... There are a few things missing, like extruded bridges. And there are some glitches in airport backgrounds and types of autogen. But for the most part, it's pretty complete. No photoreal yet, I believe (the format for that has changed).

Steve's put a lot of time into it. Maybe more time than he wanted to put into it. ;)

Dick

Thanks to all for the input . :smile:

I'm hanging in there. :wink:

Maybe Northwest U.S.? it would be cool  to be able  to add ORBX scenery in.

I'm actually more interested in frame-rates. How would Flight handle New York, for instance? 

Devons rig

Dick, some new screenshots would be nice if you fellows could squeeze that in to your busy schedules sometime.

Thanks, and thanks for the continued hard work you guys are doing trying to get this scenery conversion tool ready for use!

Ken