Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

I need some help for Palm Springs....

I submitted a request for help on the Orbx limited user support site early yesterday morning and have received no reply as of yet.  Yes, I included my order number.  Perhaps someone here can help me.

Last week I did a fresh install of FSX and Acceleration.

I installed all the North America regional sceneries and all the North America FTX airports and all 19 Global Airport Packs.  I installed all the updates and service packs and library 140927 and all the FTX ai traffic for NA.  I also installed Pilot's mesh for the Americas.  I disabled the AECs for the Global Airport Packs.

Everything seemed to be working file.

Then I purchased and installed Palm Springs.

Now I have two Global icons on the control panel and both Palm Springs (KPSP) and Seattle (KSEA) have elevation problems; located in holes below the surrounding terrain.

I disabled Vector and Pilot's mesh individually and together but that didn't work.

I have Dell system:

I7-3770 3,4GHZ

8GB RAM

Windows 7/64 bit

OS and FSX on a Solid State Drive.

System Performance Score is 7.4

I can't think of any other information to furnish you.

I am at a loss.  I'm not about to uninstall everything and spend another two or three days re-installing what I just got finished re-installing last week.

I'm about ready to just give up on FSX. FTX and Orbx completely and go back to FS9.  I never had near the problems with it that I do with this setup.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Noel,

A possible fix is to reinstall the Orbx Libs.  Hopefully that will work.  I don't have Palm Springs loaded on my system, but I've found out that everytime you install another Orbx scenery, reinstall the libraries.  I don't think reinstalling the libraries makes any difference for the elevation issues.  Disable the AEC for KSEA, that should fix the elevation issue there.

Hope this helps.

Rod

Rod Beck

Noel - The ORBX support is generally really good.  Anyways I popped over there to see if someone could give you a helping hand however can't see your support topic anywhere.

It may pay for you to go back over to their forums and check just in case your post didn't upload.

Hirdy.

Noel,

A possible fix is to reinstall the Orbx Libs.  Hopefully that will work.  I don't have Palm Springs loaded on my system, but I've found out that everytime you install another Orbx scenery, reinstall the libraries.  I don't think reinstalling the libraries makes any difference for the elevation issues.  Disable the AEC for KSEA, that should fix the elevation issue there.

Hope this helps.

Rod

This will solve it

ZORAN

Thanks for the tips guys.  I'll give them a try.

I can't go to the Orbx forums Hirdy because I have been banned apparently for life for saying some derogatory things about some of their products a year or so ago.  I am only allowed on the support for limited users forum and am not allowed  to read anyone else's support requests.  As of this morning, 48 hours after requesting the support, there have been 7 views and 0 replies. 

But I'll re-install the Orbx Libs and disable KSEA in the AEC folder and see if that works.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Thanks again guys.  Your replies helped solve my problem.  Appreciate the help.

I left a nastygram on the Orbx support forum for limited users remarking how after two days of no response the AVSIM Unofficial Orbx Forum had solved my problem in hours.  Now I'll probably be banned from the official Orbx forum in my next lifetime too.

Noel

Check that there are KPSP files in one of the earlier Global Airports packs. Remove those, they may be conflicting with the new KPSP. I seem to recall 3 files I removed.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Now I'll probably be banned from the official Orbx forum in my next lifetime too.

You can count on it. :lol:  Sorry, but that made me smile. You're not a Hindu are you?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

That was one of the first things I did Lee; to get rid of the KPSP that came with the one of the Global Air[port Packs.  I think if they were to be removed then the FTX Palm Springs would have done that during the installation or at least mentioned it in the doc file.

Noel

No Ron, not a Hindu or anything else.  Just a cranky old guy being punished for having lived too long.  I'll turn 81 next month.  I'm expecting a great grand-daughter next month too.  Hope I make it long enough to see her.

Noel

It's 'cranky' that keeps me going so stick with it mate.

I'm expecting a great grand-daughter next month

Remember to stay relaxed and do the 'panting' thing. You'll be fine. :wink:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I guess we're going off topic here Ron, but when my granddaughter was born, the one who is now pregnant and expecting next month, my daughter had a very rough time with her and was down with the flu.  So she couldn't feed her new daughter.

I went to the hospital right after work every evening and sat with my daughter until the announcement came over the speaker for all the new mothers to report to the nurses station to get the bottles to feed their babies.

So there I was in my suit and tie in line with all the new mothers in slippers and bathrobes getting the bottle to feed my new granddaughter.

The nurse took me to the room with the isolates and I sat in a rocking chair and fed my granddaughter.  This went on for about a week.  We are very, very, close.

Back on topic....

I finally got a reply on the Limited Users Support Forum or at Orbx.  I guess they only have one support guy.  And he's on vacation out of the country until Monday.

Luckily I have other interests like train simming and a model  railroad I am building in a spare bedroom.

Noel

You'll have to forgive me olli4749 but I've been retired for over 20 years and don't understand the new work ethic.

When someone of my generation went on vacation someone else filled in for him until he got back.  

I could understand it if this was a one man freeware thing but when you pay good money for a product you should expect prompt service as well as the product for your money.  I guess that isn't true anymore.

When you say Jarrad is the 'lead' developer that, to me, implies a team.  Can;t a  team member fill in for him?  If Jarrad gets delayed or becomes incapacitated does that mean support for Palm Springs terminates?

The point is moot however.  I don't need Jarrad now since the good people her at AVSIM helped get the problem solved.

Noel