Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

I need some help for Palm Springs....

Tailor made for me Steve.  I love it!

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

The Payware KPSP installer automatically switches the Free Global KPSP to 'off' if you have it installed.

Where is the hole you are referring to? I believe there is a known problem with UTX and the Salton Sea, just SE of PSP. Is that where you are seeing the issue? If so do you have UTX installed?

OVR%20TRM%20VOR%281%29-L.jpg

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The Palm Springs Airport was in the hole.  I don't have UTX.  I have Global and Vectoir and Pilot's mesh.  Pilot's mesh is supposed to be coordinating with FTX or am I wrong?

Also, the Palm Springs installer didn't get rid of my Global Airports KPSP or the AEC file either.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

What about FS Global Ultimate Frosty?  That's what I have installed for the Americas. 

Noel

Thanks Frosty.  Now another question.

I have Global 1 plus both updates installed.  Should I replace that with Global 3?  Does Global 3 add anything that Global 1 and the patches don't?

Noel

I think I'll download and install Global 3 anyway just to be up to date.

Orbx is like a high class mistress.  Expensive, high maintenance, always wanting something new, but extremely beautiful.

Noel

The way Orbx works, Jarrad isn't the lead dev on the project he is the only developer thus the one with the knowledge on how to support his product.

And although it seems everybody here is waiting with bated breath, it doesn't look like any lifetime bans have occured.

My ban(s) began when Global came out and I ######ed about the American southwest deserts being pea-soup green instead of a sandy color.  I called it an abomination.  That got me a ten day ban.  I was back for about week or so and when I continued to complain I got what appears to be a permanent ban.  When I try to go to any part of the Orbx site except for the Limited Users Support Forum I get a message that says, "You are not allowed to go here.".

But since then they have done a good job fixing the Global textures for my part of the world (Southeastern New Mexico, Roswell to be specific).

I really don't fault John for banning me.  I said some pretty outrageous things and he's got every right to control access to his website.

Noel 

It didn't in my case, so always check.

Lee

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've been building up a good head of steam on account of KPSP having 20' high cliffs around most of the airport.

I fist noticed something strange in that runway/taxiway marker boards were plonked down in the middle of said runways/taxiways.

Then the drop offs at the edges of the airport. Did the AEC thing...Aagh! Now surrounded by 50' walls!

I tried, I thought, everything and as I final attempt to fix it before disemboweling someone on Orbx, I Googled  "Elevation problem with Orbx KPSP" and Tada!

I know, I know, it's an old thread but I don't care. Palms Springs is back to what it used to be.

P.S. This is a brand new install, by the book, and the installer didn't 'Off' the default KPSP for me either.

Orbx is like a high class mistress. Expensive, high maintenance, always wanting something new, but extremely beautiful.

And can be a female dog at times too. :lol:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Ron, it seems the classier they are the more the canine genes start to surface.

Noel