Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

P3D Snow/Rain Makes Me Sick

For some reason it's more annoying than FSX.  Is there a way to eliminate the disco theme and the high contrast that happens at night?

p3dpuke.jpg

p3dpuke2.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I don't see a P3D version. All I see is they haven't optimized the textures for DX11 yet?

LOL! Most unusual thread, eveh!  :lol:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Here is a quick fix for the rain in P3D

...\ShadersHLSL\rain.fx

line 65:

float4 cColor = float4(0.2,0.2,0.2,In.cDiffuse.w) * (cColor0 + cColor1);

be sure to delete your shaders folder (i.e. C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders) prior to running P3D.

it'll help a little with rain, but like others I'm awaiting PercipFX for P3D for a much improved solution.

Cheers, Rob.

Here is a quick fix for the rain in P3D

...\ShadersHLSL\rain.fx

line 65:

float4 cColor = float4(0.2,0.2,0.2,In.cDiffuse.w) * (cColor0 + cColor1);

Hello Rob,

I use this "tweak" for a long time now, but I think this looks more real:

float4 cColor = float4(0.4,0.4,0.4,In.cDiffuse.w) * (cColor0 + cColor1);

Patric

I don't see a P3D version. All I see is they haven't optimized the textures for DX11 yet?

It works in fine in V2 as my screens show,

Some videos I made with the new effects.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Pretty cool!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Ryan,

You are right .. it's bad.

I seen a pilot (TV show) fly thru that "tunnel rainy cloudy effect) on a flight in the Bermuda Triangle!

I guess the fix listed in this thread will make it a little better.

Btw, which aircraft are you flying with that neat Garmin in the VC panel?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Btw, which aircraft are you flying with that neat Garmin in the VC panel?

It's the new Alabeo Saratoga II TC, released today.

The Garmin is the Flight 1 GTN750 (separate purchase), which is supported by Alabeo with an optional model that uses it.

Craig,

Thanks for the info.

Real nice looking panel ......

Alabeo Saratoga II TC, released today.

Are you flying it?

I see it also has Reality XP GNS530 /430 integration option, which I already have.

But the Flight on Garmin look real good also.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

What files do I have to move from my FSX directory to P3D V2 for PrecipitFX. to work? I tried using the installer + migration tool but it didn't work.

Its strange. The most satisfying rain effect and weather effects I've ever seen were in Wings of Prey. They simply felt right, which is to say, its what you might imagine it would look like. But I'm told it wasn't remotely realistic.

Sometimes I wish realism and coolness were closer bed-partners occasionally.  :lol:

(Like wing-flex)

Devons rig