Sign in to follow this  
Skywatcher

Navigating airports tool

I did use Airport Chart by Holger Mass but see it no longer works in Windows 7.

Is there any other alternative software that will allow you to not have to use FS's pink line?

Mark Daniels

The ATC program Pro Flight Emulator Deluxe (published by Aerosoft) also provides taxi directions. 

Another alternative available here in the AVSIM library is FsRaas V2.0, an excellent, free runway awareness and advisory system.

Thanks guys! I'll take a look at those.

I'm returning to FS after a long period because of lack of time (work). Never going to let that happen again! So hard to come back to FS and remember everything. Looking to learn either the PMDG 737 or iFly 737 and if flying those aircraft, the pink line just doesn't seem to cut it for realism. haha

Thanks again!

Mark Daniels

learn either the PMDG 737 or iFly 737

Skywatcher the iFly 737NG is infinitely better than the PMDG version.  Just for starters it covers all the bases from 600-900ER also the BBJ's.  Features HUD in VC  (BBJs have it in 2D as well.)  Much, much more ...

Skywatcher the iFly 737NG is infinitely better than the PMDG version.  Just for starters it covers all the bases from 600-900ER also the BBJ's.  Features HUD in VC  (BBJs have it in 2D as well.)  Much, much more ...

Thanks, yes, I've been reading up and certainly appears the common thought amongst people. I have the PMDG from years ago but before I could start learning it work took over and I never had another chance. Now I see there is the iFly. I haven't flown either PMDG or iFly but I am going to purchase the iFly and start with it first. Later, I will also try the PMDG. The 737 is my fav aircraft so I'm more than happy to buy 2 versions and learn 2 versions. FS is such a great sim and we have so many options for addons. Can't believe MS didn't continue on with it.

Mark Daniels

I am going to purchase the iFly

Yes, the DVD version ... I noticed your posting over at the iFly forum.

I will also try the PMDG.

The PMDG was a benchmark during its day but it is a very old product now.  It's your money however it really is inferior in every way to the iFly.

Yes, the DVD version ... I noticed your posting over at the iFly forum.

The PMDG was a benchmark during its day but it is a very old product now.  It's your money however it really is inferior in every way to the iFly.

Haha, yes, the DVD version as mentioned on the other forum if I can ever get my support ticket at Flight1 answered regarding stock. It's a slow process trying to give people money for some reason? :wacko::lol:

I already own the PMDG from years ago just never got to use it as mentioned in my previous post. I don't need to buy it.

Mark Daniels