Sign in to follow this  
zmak

Severe turbulence every flight

This just started recently. As soon as I hit cruise altitude I get wild buffeting, so for test purposes I disabled OPUS and set fsx to clear skies and disabled thermal and turbulence and still get buffeting. It will reduce as I reduce airspeed down to 200kt but becomes difficult to control anything above that.

Any ideas out there?

ZORAN

Very weird, no failures enabled . I tried  a re install but still the same problem

ZORAN

Was FSX airspeed indication accidentally set to 'true' rather than 'indicated'?

DJ

Good idea but no. And its only in the 777 , the 737 is okay

ZORAN

As soon as I hit cruise altitude I get wild buffeting

Buffeting means something entirely different to me than turbulence, so I'm not on the same page with you yet.  While the PMDG simulations are sensitive to FSX unrealistic presentation of turbulence (see the Introduction for explanation), there is nothing in the simulations that affect weather.  I'm lost.

Flying with FSX set to clear weather, no winds, should be exactly as expected. Not sure about OPUS.

Dan Downs KCRP

No ezdock, no external weather being used so no Grib data and FSX is set to clear skies and it appears to be non weather related. The buffeting can be eliminated by reducing airspeed right back to about 200 kts yet at times during climb it wont buffet at any speed until established in straight and level flight.

The only definitive action is it will imitate severe turbulence or severe over speed , none of which are occurring

I will do some more testing tomorrow when I have more time and see what comes of it.

ZORAN

Accufeel?

http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=35329&view=next

instead of guessing, pls add your addons.

Im at cruise now and with Accufeel turned off, buffeting is gone however turning it back on doesn't start the buffeting again either but Im going to go with Accufeel as perhaps it just needed to get recycled after not being touched in 2 years,

Thanks for all your help everyone and happy to  mark it as solved (for now..)

ZORAN