Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Do I need FSUIPC to operate LINDA.

I am pretty satisfied with the TARGET software that comes with the Warthog HOTAS to program axis. I do not need FSUIPC.

It however just allows programming keys of the FSX/P3D set, not undocumented aircraft functions. So I am interested by LINDA. I've read a little bit but need the question in the topic to be clairified before embarking in the installation process. Do I really  need FSUIPC and then give up on LINDA or can I keep in the .name_of_my_aircraft.xml the axis I've already have programmed ?

I hope my question makes sense :smile:  !

Thanks !

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

You will need a full licenced version of FSUIPC (latest version 4.937) to work with LINDA.  You should set up all your axis in FSUIPC (as LINDA only deals with buttons).  I would also recommend deleting all FSX/P3D joystick assignments except are HAT you have set up for POV.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thank you for the fast reply. I understand that Linda is only for buttons and that you need something else for the axis. Thats why it interested me. But if FSUIPC is required it is not for me, too bad ...

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Glad to help Domkle. I am sorry that FSUIPC is not for you. It is a great utility and key to how LINDA communicates with FSX.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew