Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Reinstall?

Hi, sorry for my ignorance, but I haven't messed with Orbx in quite some time.

I'm thinking of re-installing as I have many many (many) Orbx scenery's, but I'm really not interested in a two-day process followed by a painstaking hunt for all the right updates (and maybe updates of updates!)  :lol:

I remember reading long ago of Orbx considering an auto-installer that could be set to install scenery and then search for and install the proper updates, but never heard anything after that. Was that ever done/completed?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

JV commented on it recently and its defiantly being worked on, but not ready just yet.

ZORAN

LOL. I'd rather wait!  :lol:

It was one of the central contributing factors that I stopped purchasing Orbx stuff, was that keeping track of everything was becoming very much the opposite of fun.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

was that keeping track of everything was becoming very much the opposite of fun.

If you want to know what you have got installed as orbox products just simply open up the ftx  central control panel  click on the tools tab on top  than click ftx products installed  and it will tell you all the airports  scenery and patches you have installed

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks, I knew that part. Its just that when it comes/came time for the inevitable reinstall, putting the regions (in the right order) then the airports (do I have the latest version?) then the updates (is the order correct?) Is just draining.

At this point, I'd rather just fly default than go through all that again. Add in all the other addons I have and their updates and various versions (like REX, for instance), and then something like Ultimate traffic and some semi up-to-date schedules, and it all starts to feel like sewer-cleaning style drudgery!  :lol: 

Devons rig

At this point, I'd rather just fly default than go through all that again. Add in all the other addons I have and their updates and various versions (like REX, for instance), and then something like Ultimate traffic and some semi up-to-date schedules, and it all starts to feel like sewer-cleaning style drudgery

Yea true  but don't know why your going to do a re install   for   but if your like some of  us  that made a complete back up of  the drive  than its a matter of  just re installing  from the  back up to your pc  again

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yea true  but don't know why your going to do a re install   for   but if your like some of  us  that made a complete back up of  the drive  than its a matter of  just re installing  from the  back up to your pc  again

Got frustrated and deleted all the extra stuff a while ago. Actually Flight sims have their own drive. Which is getting full!  :lol:

Devons rig