Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

d3d11.dll

Is there anything else besides KB2670838 that would causes this crash?  Ive been getting it randomly now and I don't have this update installed.  Using dx10 mode with sweetfx and shade in fsx.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

Unfortunately no. SweetFX works some of the time but not all of the time. As far as I know it is not compatible with DX10. Only a very few have been able to get it to work with DX10 and I suspect they probably have periodic crashes too. IMHO, it's not worth the periodic aches and pains of fsx crashing.

The KB is installed if you have IE10 or IE11 installed. It might have been updated. If you have the KB2670838 installed, I would not recommend removing it as it will wipe out your IE11 installation and bring your Internet Browser back to IE8. I know as I uninstalled it yesterday to see what it would do to my system and I found out pretty fast. So it should only be removed if you are using another browser other than IE.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ok Ive never used IE, I only use chrome so I will try going back to IE8, if its even possible.  From what Ive read sweetfx is compatible with dx10 using windows 7, but not windows 8.1.  The whole idea of using sweetfx for me was because enb is dx9 only.  Ive actually gotten sweetfx to look perfect on my sim in dx10 mode but every once in a blue moon I get these d3d11.dll crashes.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

I heard Chrome spies on you though. I guess IE does too as it needs to know what you are interested in. I value the little privacy I have left though.

The whole idea of using sweetfx for me was because enb is dx9 only.

Oh, I didn't know that. All it is is a hack of a Direct X dll.

I use the cheapo program called Shade. The developer has an ENB ini hack included with his program. Shade works well with DX10. I had the impression he was the guru of ENB and SweetFX. In any case his program works.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I heard Chrome spies on you though. I guess IE does too as it needs to know what you are interested in. I value the little privacy I have left though.

I use the cheapo program called Shade. The developer has an ENB ini hack included with his program. Shade works well with DX10. I had the impression he was the guru of ENB and SweetFX. In any case his program wo

I use the cheapo program called Shade. The developer has an ENB ini hack included with his program. Shade works well with DX10. I had the impression he was the guru of ENB and SweetFX. In any case his program works.

Best regards,

rks.

Best regards,

Best regards,

Yup, I use shade as well as sweetfx.  For me sweetfx adds some much needed light to the environment and shade is great for tweaking the color of the light and shadows so that it is bright where needed but not overly saturated with light where it shouldn't be.  As for the browsers, they all log some information, but they have security settings that allow one to tweak what data is sent out and what is saved in the form of cookies.  A good system security setup also helps