Sign in to follow this  
metalmike

(expired) All Taxi2Gate 30% off

Did they fix the issue of disappearing AI when crossing taxi bridges? I like the scenery but that puts me off it

No, it has not been fixed. If an AI aircraft leaves a gate and is going to taxi to a runway on the same side of the airport the gate is located, then it won't be a problem. In other words, as long as the AI aircraft does not need to go across the bridges, it will be ok.

You can fix this yourself by using ADE and manually connecting the taxiways but once you do that, the bridges (3D objects) will appear above the ground and stick out like a sore thumb.

I opted to keep the bridges above the ground and the taxiways connected. This way the AI can taxi anywhere in the airport without issues.

The devs at Taxi2Gate were made aware of this issue and they stated it could not be fixed.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

No, it has not been fixed. If an AI aircraft leaves a gate and is going to taxi to a runway on the same side of the airport the gate is located, then it won't be a problem. In other words, as long as the AI aircraft does not need to go across the bridges, it will be ok.

You can fix this yourself by using ADE and manually connecting the taxiways but once you do that, the bridges (3D objects) will appear above the ground and stick out like a sore thumb.

I opted to keep the bridges above the ground and the taxiways connected. This way the AI can taxi anywhere in the airport without issues.

The devs at Taxi2Gate were made aware of this issue and they stated it could not be fixed.

Not much an issue to me as I don't spend much time on the ground I do what I need to do startup,program FMC ect in bout 10 min then its wheels up!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Not much an issue to me as I don't spend much time on the ground I do what I need to do startup,program FMC ect in bout 10 min then its wheels up!

If that's the case, then just stick with the stock airport scenery and enjoy the FPS. lol

Though I get what you are saying and I am also like that, it does affect other things and not just cosmetics. For instance, if taxi links are broken, VoxATC or any other app that reads taxi links, will have a hard time vectoring you around the airport. VoxATC is unable to give you a taxi route if the taxi links are broken. This is why I opted to just connect the taxiways and leave the bridges out of place.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

I picked up KMCO and it's really nice.  A welcome airport near KTPA for me.  I fly GA which means I'll be parking over at the cargo side...probably won't notice AI going *poof* on the other side. :rolleyes: Tempted to get St. Kitts.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Is there a tutorial around for this? Maybe I can put some of my spare time to good use

I've written it out a few times how to do it, most recently in the P3D forum. Just search my content/posts and you can find the instructions.

If you don't own Photoshop you'll need a few freeware tools. I use DXTBmp and Gimp with the dds plugin. The main thing when resizing textures is to make sure you don't screw up the alpha textures. That's why I use DXTBmp to open the file then export and scale the texture sheet and alpha textures separately then reimport them to DXTBmp and save it with mip maps. It's a little work, but has served me well doing this to my add on sceneries for the last 6 years when devs put 32 bit and/or textures larger than 1024 in their sceneries. Have never experienced and OOM since moving to FSX back in 2008 by keeping texture sizes and VAS in check, while still keeping settings on the high side.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I've written it out a few times how to do it, most recently in the P3D forum. Just search my content/posts and you can find the instructions.

If you don't own Photoshop you'll need a few freeware tools. I use DXTBmp and Gimp with the dds plugin. The main thing when resizing textures is to make sure you don't screw up the alpha textures. That's why I use DXTBmp to open the file then export and scale the texture sheet and alpha textures separately then reimport them to DXTBmp and save it with mip maps. It's a little work, but has served me well doing this to my add on sceneries for the last 6 years when devs put 32 bit and/or textures larger than 1024 in their sceneries. Have never experienced and OOM since moving to FSX back in 2008 by keeping texture sizes and VAS in check, while still keeping settings on the high side.

Thanks, already have gimp for some photo scenery stuff, will give your tutorial a try and hopefully figure it out

ZORAN

I really recommend OTHH, as it's just great for short hops from OMDB in Flydubai 738's or Qatar's A320's

Can't get WOAI to work there,even though I've tried many times following the guide.

Still, a great airport with good framerates ;)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I picked up Pointe-a-Pitre...very nice.  Also got St. Kitts...nice as well but I wish they'd have put a little more work on the pastel houses.  Very fake looking.  But I'm happy with both.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM