Sign in to follow this  
alhefner

Doing a re-install.. had to drop FSUIPC

Not sure what I did wrong but, when I installed FSUIPC so it added on to P3D, my controls went nuts...

First of all, with FSUIPC installed, I deleted all the axis and button assignments in P3D then went to FSUIPC to assign all of those. My first indication of a problem was that FSUIPC seemed to be stuck on sampling the throttle lever. It took me a long time of trying to clear and reset before I could get it to sample any other axis and then I had to repeat that process over and over again for each axis. Once I got all the buttons assigned to my liking and then managed to calibrate each axis, I thought all would be well.

It wasn't. I got back into the flight, aircraft sitting on the runway ready to go, and immediately saw that the brakes were constantly applied. Moving the toe brakes didn't fix it but I could tell that the axis was being sent when I pressed only one brake and saw "Differential braking" show up. I tried the buttons and saw no changes at all happening as if the buttons were not assigned to anything.

I went through and tried several different combinations of FSUIPC assignments along with P3D assignments and nothing straightened it out for me.

The end result so far is that I uninstalled both P3D and FSUIPC then reinstalled FSUIPC so it would see and install into FSX. Now, I'm reinstalling P3D and will use it alone for the controls...

Which version of:

Windows

FSUIPC

Which aircraft

Did you test FSUIPC in a default P3D aircraft first?

Which yoke, rudder, throttles?

In Settings/ Controllers : did you Uncheck the box for "Enable Controllers"?

You should not have to "delete" each axis ... buttons yes.

Just assign it in FSUIPC and Calibrate it.

Have you previously set up e.g. in FSX ?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Did you even bother to ask Pete Dowson what might be causing the issue? I can guarantee that it is NOT FSUIPC but something else on your system.

Pete would be able to help.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Which version of:

Windows

FSUIPC

Which aircraft

Did you test FSUIPC in a default P3D aircraft first?

Which yoke, rudder, throttles?

In Settings/ Controllers : did you Uncheck the box for "Enable Controllers"?

You should not have to "delete" each axis ... buttons yes.

Just assign it in FSUIPC and Calibrate it.

Have you previously set up e.g. in FSX ?

I have been using it in FSX for a little while. CH flight yoke, CH pedals, Saitek throttle quadrant. Computer is AMD FX 6350 6 core w/ 8GB ram. Graphic card is NOT adequate and have a new GeForce card arriving soon. Version of windows is Win 7. No networking.

Yes, all the testing I did was with native P3D aircraft.

I tried it with the "enable controllers" both checked and unchecked.

Did you even bother to ask Pete Dowson what might be causing the issue? I can guarantee that it is NOT FSUIPC but something else on your system.

Pete would be able to help.

Vic

Gee, I think my original post said that I was unsure what I DID... I am NOT blaming FSUIPC at all! I know very well that other users have been using it without problem and I know it works in FSX because I use it there...so, I know that there is something I missed and thought I would post here for other users of P3D to chime in with helpful suggestions like "Vonmar" did.

Gee, I think my original post said that I was unsure what I DID... I am NOT blaming FSUIPC at all! I know very well that other users have been using it without problem and I know it works in FSX because I use it there...so, I know that there is something I missed and thought I would post here for other users of P3D to chime in with helpful suggestions like "Vonmar" did.

My point is - Pete knows his product better than anyone and is always eager to help. Sometimes going to the horse's mouth is the best approach. "We" are all guessing.

Is FSX on the same system? If so, try copying the fsuipc.ini file from the fsx/modules folder to the P3D folder and see if you get any different results. If FSX is on a different system then that won't work.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

"I tried it with the "enable controllers" both checked and unchecked."

It must be Unchecked.

Then assign (in FSUIPC) and calibrate again (in FSUIPC).

Which version of FSUIPC are you using?

Best Regards,

I'm using FSUIPC 4.937. Both FSX and P3D are on the same system. I'll reinstall FSUIPC and try the suggestions both of you have given in a day or two.

Thank you!

Let us know how it works out.

Vic

OK, disabled the controllers in P3D and calibrated in FSUIPC. Something is going on with the rudder. Not sure if it's my calibration or the aircraft! I tried it out on the Maule and the next thing I knew, I was in a huge left bank. I fiddled with FSUIPC to make a null zone...didn't help...adjusted the slope...still banking left. Might be the nature of the beast I'm trying to fly!

Now, I'm trying to get the hat switch to work properly with FSUIPC. It did work once! I could pan left, right, up, down...thought I had it made but, next flight, push the switch to the right and it snaps to looking straight out the right side...try to get back to seeing the panels and out the front by pushing to the left and I'm looking straight out the left window...strange stuff!

Pete Dowson is gone until Nov. 25 so, if I can't get this thing figured out by then, I'll yell for help on his support forum.

OK, disabled the controllers in P3D and calibrated in FSUIPC. Something is going on with the rudder. Not sure if it's my calibration or the aircraft! I tried it out on the Maule and the next thing I knew, I was in a huge left bank. I fiddled with FSUIPC to make a null zone...didn't help...adjusted the slope...still banking left. Might be the nature of the beast I'm trying to fly!

Now, I'm trying to get the hat switch to work properly with FSUIPC. It did work once! I could pan left, right, up, down...thought I had it made but, next flight, push the switch to the right and it snaps to looking straight out the right side...try to get back to seeing the panels and out the front by pushing to the left and I'm looking straight out the left window...strange stuff!

Pete Dowson is gone until Nov. 25 so, if I can't get this thing figured out by then, I'll yell for help on his support forum.

OK, disabled the controllers in P3D and calibrated in FSUIPC.

* Good

** I am not an expert at this ....

Something is going on with the rudder. Not sure if it's my calibration or the aircraft! I tried it out on the Maule and the next thing I knew, I was in a huge left bank.

** did it taxi ok prior to takeoff?

I fiddled with FSUIPC to make a null zone...didn't help...adjusted the slope...still banking left. Might be the nature of the beast I'm trying to fly!

** No need to do that.

** Do a screenshot of your settings for the rudder, ailerons etc.

** There are 6 boxes that will fill in

** The center boxes will be your null zone.

** we will do this last.

Best Regards,

Unintentional/run away control input is usually caused by an unknown conflict. 

Are you sure that you don't accidentally have any other software being applied to the input axis?  Saitek, CH, etc?

The other thing you should check is to be sure your controllers aren't spiking if they are old/ heavily used and are calibrated correctly.

RE Thomason Jr.

Unintentional/run away control input is usually caused by an unknown conflict. 

Are you sure that you don't accidentally have any other software being applied to the input axis?  Saitek, CH, etc?

The other thing you should check is to be sure your controllers aren't spiking if they are old/ heavily used and are calibrated correctly.

Controllers are all new gear BUT, I do need to check on the conflicts again...just in case!

Vonmar, I'll get to all of that pretty soon and will give a screenshot of the calibration settings.

HOWEVER, I starting to think it's the aircraft! It doesn't do this in FSX but, in P3D, after I get off the ground and manage not to crash long enough for the airspeed to get where it belongs, flaps retracted, and all that, the thing straightens right out and flies like a dream! It even lands nice and straight...

Oh, taxi is not a problem either...