Sign in to follow this  
christiaan

Craters near Bogota airport

Just installed Virtualcol SKBO FS9, when I took off I noticed that near the airport are three craters.

I think that this is a mesh issue (upside down mountains ?)

Have Global 2008 amongst other add-ons.

I had a similar problem at Rio de Janerio which was sorted out by disabling a file.

Is this issue with the area around Bogota known, and if so how it can be corrected.

Unable to post a photo.

Hi,

in which direction from the airport?

I have looked around SKBO and I can't confirm this effect so far. I use World Landscapes mesh. I have SKBO "merged" with the old Colombia Virtual Xtreme Edition 2011 scenery.

Maybe you could try the following: According to my tests with the sandbox, the Bogota installer places some files into a [your FS2004 root folder]\SAME\Scenery folder: a modified "AP928300.bgl" and four files beginning with "cvxt072".

I think that the installer defines an incorrect path; these files belong into the [your FS2004 root folder]\Scenery\SAME\Scenery folder instead. I have seen similar bugs with sceneries also requiring replacing stock scenery files.

Furthermore, I have put the "cvxt072*.bgl" files into a dedicated Colombia landclass folder, whom I added to the scenery library as scenery area with priority below the airport scenery. However, this last step may not be necessary; I only did so because the VirtualCol Xtreme Edition already had installed such a landclass folder with exactly these files in it (and because of my sense of order).

I hope this helps. I will look into this thread in two days, as I have to do some extra work tomorrow.

By the way, what do you say about the scenery? I think it isn't bad, especially given the price. Only thing I have to criticize is the exclude area being too large.

Regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

By the way, what do you say about the scenery? I think it isn't bad, especially given the price.

Hi Harald.  Like you I bought the update version.  Disappointed only by the obvious omission of animated traffic which lifted the old airport out of mediocrity.  

BTW i doubt your request for AES support will be forthcoming although I've been wrong before.  B)

Thanks for your quick reply, after take-off the craters or directly ahead to the left and on the right side.

Not checked the surrounding further afield.

Transferred the files to World/Scenery/SAME  after I disabled the default AP928300.

But it made no difference, in the craters (deep gorges) I have water running up the sides.

Took a screen-shot but I cannot attach it. I shall see if Flightsim will allow the photo.

after take-off the craters or directly ahead to the left and on the right side.

Which runway christiaan?

I took off from runway 31R.

I have a faint memory from the past of this problem.

I think the issue is probably FS Global, that is why I did not go to Bogota very often.

I had ColAirport SKBO which was pretty basic compared to the new VirtualCol, and I think the price of this new airport

is worth it.

Hope somebody has an answer to my problem

No evidence of any craters on my system christaan.  Like you I use FSGlobal 2008 mesh and my Terrain Max Vertex Level is set to 21.

Max Vertex was 19, changed to 21 without success.

What do the 5 up-date files in the FS9/SAME folder, the AP  bgl is also in the World/Scenery/SAME folder.

In the real world there are no such craters departing from the 31 runways at Bogotá, so it's a mesh issue.

By the way, what do you say about the scenery? I think it isn't bad, especially given the price. Only thing I have to criticize is the exclude area being too large.

Like you I bought the update version. Disappointed only by the obvious omission of animated traffic which lifted the old airport out of mediocrity.

I also purchased it as soon as I learned about it, and also I was disappointed with the lack of animated traffic and jetways/airstairs (MSLP and MPTO have all of this). Do you also see there are taxi signs well inside the taxiways, or is it just me?

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

When I bought the scenery there were two files SKBO & SKBO Virtual Extreme.

I Installed both, would this make a difference to the mesh issue?

Un-installed the SKBO update which was for the Virtual extreme edition through the

ADD/REMOVE programme.

It did not delete the SAME folder in FS9 so I have disabled the five files in the folder.

Checked the FSGlobal folders and all the files were active, a previous issue with scenery near Rio

in FSX was solved as the .bg_ was named  instead of bgl.

So still looking for an answer.

Hi.

The FS Global mesh is possibly correct although it has some odd spikes like the huge one near Roraima. I'll explore Bogota this evening. Do the craters have flat bottoms, and do they have water in the bottom as well as running up the side? I ask because I'm wondering if they are water features set to the wrong elevation.

They may also be dodgy flattens or orphaned taxi-links out of another scenery layer. (I have a Gran Canaria that has put a massive gorge into Central Africa). Try disabling everything except the new SKBO stuff and the defaults... what do you now see in the same place?

Cheers,

D

The water issue that you mentioned is exactly what I get, today I downloaded the free world mesh

A2 which covers Columbia.

The water running up the side has now gone and I have the water in the crater now.

Checked FS9 where I also have FS Global, but this area had no issues, the water is a big lake.

Once again thanks to everyone who are trying to help.

What do the 5 up-date files in the FS9/SAME folder, the AP bgl is also in the World/Scenery/SAME folder.

I thought tha the "cvxt072*.bgl" files were actually landclass; in the Colombia Virtual Xtreme Edition 2011 scenery they were.

I checked the issue again and still no craters. Must be a mesh problem indeed.

I checked the taxi sign issue reported by Luis Miguel, too, and again can't confirm it. All taxi signs are placed proper beside the taxiways. Have two autogen houses on the runway near the hold-short-point of Rwy 13R instead; easily to fix with ADE9 by inserting a little exclude area.

Sorry that I can't help with the crater issue...

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Must just be lucky I guess.   :rolleyes: 

Have no issues with craters,  taxi signs,  autogen maladies at all and the city and Monserrate mountain together with "El Señor Caído" are beautifully depicted.

Only deficiency is AES (Harald has already requested) which may go some way to providing the animations sorely lacking at the moment.