Sign in to follow this  
EgyptianAviator

Tutorial #2

Good Evening Gents,

Well I've been waiting for the previously promised in-depth tutorial #2 for the T7 that was promised by PMDG since the launch of the service pack (because they always launched their second tutorials after a SP), but I can't see any plans for one. So does anyone know if there's anything on the horizon for the tutorial?

Much appreciated,

Mohammed El-Dakamawy

... that was promised by PMDG since the launch of the service pack...

Do you have any source for this? Tutorial #2 wasn't promised for any service pack. It was promised for when it was done. Ryan makes these in his free time. The less free time he has, the longer it takes for these tutorials to come out.

They're not really part of the price you pay, just a nice little extra.

If you want something to soothe your needs until it comes out, have a look on Youtube, there's a lot of knowledge over there too.

If you want something to soothe your needs until it comes out, have a look on Youtube, there's a lot of knowledge over there too.

There's also the FCOM V1 and FTCM. Much, much more information to be read.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

There's also the FCOM V1 and FTCM. Much, much more information to be read.

I've definitely went over the FCOMS, the FTCM, and even the QRH. But I'm that kind of person who needs an interactive topic to learn something :D

Bewteen you and I, I've become a pretty familiar with the T7, but there are still some aspects that need refining. In the meantime, I'll guess the YouTube will be my best friend. 

Thanks mate ;)

Do you have any source for this?

Yeah, I'm not sure where this "included in the SP" stuff is coming from. Sure, in everyone's defense, the NGX did that, which could arguably set up that expectation, but Tutorial #1 notes:

"Tutorial #2 will be available at a later date. It will be available in PMDG Operations Center and integrated into future versions of the product installer after it’s finished."

Kyle Rodgers

Do you have any source for this? Tutorial #2 wasn't promised for any service pack. It was promised for when it was done. Ryan makes these in his free time. The less free time he has, the longer it takes for these tutorials to come out.

They're not really part of the price you pay, just a nice little extra.

Sorry didn't see your reply earlier..

Well it's not a straight promise, more of a set expectation due to the past trend... And ofcourse, I'm sure the tutorial is a cherry on top of a cake I already paid for. I was just in need of a more in-depth documentation.

Yeah, I'm not sure where this "included in the SP" stuff is coming from. Sure, in everyone's defense, the NGX did that, which could arguably set up that expectation, but Tutorial #1 notes:

"Tutorial #2 will be available at a later date. It will be available in PMDG Operations Center and integrated into future versions of the product installer after it’s finished."

I definitely understand that no promise with a date had been given. And as I say once more, it's more of a set expectation based on a previous happening.

Sorry didn't see your reply earlier..

Well it's not a straight promise, more of a set expectation due to the past trend... And ofcourse, I'm sure the tutorial is a cherry on top of a cake I already paid for. I was just in need of a more in-depth documentation.

I definitely understand that no promise with a date had been given. And as I say once more, it's more of a set expectation based on a previous happening.

I must admit I still have trouble with these indefinite time frames in the FSX-developer-world. I'm also in the software industry and we definitely have deadlines to meet which are known to customers in advance. 

Of course I realize that these are quite complex projects here and things might get pushed into the future. But still, if it's not planned, it will not get done. And if something that is announced a year before cannot be completed in a reasonable amount of time, I would expect PMDG to inform us proactively and give us a hint when to expect it and a progress update (at least 2-3 times a year). That would keep them from having to answer posts to this topic all the time and save us the time of constantly searching for news.

Best regards

Adrian

Take a look in the general forum, they DO give the updates you are talking about.

To be honest, I think there's a big difference between how PMDG works, and how a lot of other (non FS) developers work. Especially large software developers, working for one specific client, work with advance payments and in close relation with their client. Hence, if a deadline gets shifted, the client has a reason to complain: (Part of) the money's already on the table and a contract was signed.

PMDG works differently. If they want to scrap a project two days before completion, they have every right to do so. It's not a public company, and besides the add-ons we bought before, they have no obligation to listen to our "demands", because money didn't trade hands.

In my opinion, they don't even have to provide the progress updates we see. It's a nice little extra that they do, but nobody can force their hand to do so.

Since Flight Sim development is a very niche market, one cannot assume that a company operating in this market segment will behave like companies in other segments. That's all I'll say there.

As far as the second tutorial goes, there were some unforeseen circumstances. I'm sure RSR will touch on this when more information about the tutorial is ready to be shared.

Kyle Rodgers

Not to beat on this too hard, but IMHO 16 months after release is starting to get a little unreasonable.

I would submit it no longer even matters.

But it is a little disappointing. The included manuals are useful but hardly entertaining.

spacer.png

Not to beat on this too hard, but IMHO 16 months after release is starting to get a little unreasonable.

I would submit it no longer even matters.

But it is a little disappointing. The included manuals are useful but hardly entertaining.

When you've written one yourself, you're welcome to criticize. Until then, I politely ask that you either sit patiently, or release one yourself.

Kyle Rodgers

Not sure I agree that unless one engages in a particular activity oneself one should refrain from expressing opinions about the performance of those who do. If that were the case, no one could have an opinion about anything other than that with which they are directly involved. And that, dear friends, would make for a boring world.

I agree.

We're all allowed an opinion.
The fact that one does not like the opinion of another person, does not give them the right to deny someone for having one.

So far, still busy with Tutorial 1.5, which is superbly written, and since my 777 is still waiting to be installed in FSX SE.

The original Manuals are also full of important info, and well written. So, those are my main source for additional info too.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

So far, still busy with Tutorial 1.5, which is superbly written, and since my 777 is still waiting to be installed in FSX SE.

Thanks! I'm actually sitting at EDDM waiting for my flight back home. Perhaps I can get some more info for a future tutorial. I actually enjoyed writing the last one, though it did take quite a lot of time.

Kyle Rodgers