Sign in to follow this  
EgyptianAviator

Tutorial #2

It's the kind of writing that even long experience in flight simulation, sophisticated products like PMDGs, and a thorough knowledge about real world procedures and Company-specific SOPs, will not make easier to do, specially making it readable as you managed to with the first Tutorial, for a wide spectrum of simmers,  using such a sophisticated add-on, from RW 777 or other Boeing type drivers to the newcomers to this wonderful World of Virtual Airline Operations :-)

Good return! Enjoy your flight - ask for a ride in the jumpseat :-)

P.S.: whenever I get the chance to fly in the cockpit, like last time a month ago from LPPT to EDDF, including landing and taxiing to gate at EDDF, and in many other occasions ( I am a lucky guy !!! ) I feel so dumb, so ..., I don't even know how to describe... really !

There were times in my simmer life when I dedicated even more time to studying a specific airliner, Airbus, Boeing, Concorde... I knew each switch and line of the FMS like if flying such an aircraft IRL was my job, but, when entering a cockpit and starting to follow the crew actions along one of those jumpseat rides, it looked like I had forgotten almost everything - it looked a lot difficult to follow what those guys were doing....  Being a private pilot, gliders only, and a professional pilot wannabe, I sometimes think to myself that probably I could never do a great job flying an airliner :-/  Thanksfully everything about gliders and glider flying feels simple and obvious to me :-)

Continuing to use addons like PMDGs 777, NGX, the upcoming 744, Aerowinx PSX, Majestic Q400 is indeed a great challenge and opportunity to feel close to the real world of airline operations, and it certainly feels simpler in FSX / PSX :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

So far, still busy with Tutorial 1.5

Link please?

spacer.png

Link please?

If you would have checked the download section you would have found your answer but heres the link that you asked for

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/docs.html

Notice its on the top of the list

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yes that's the very complete, and well written tutorial I am still working on for my training, now in stdby because I am waiting for the FSX SE installer ( just want a version of FSX on my rig, and SE won :-) )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

The tutorial 2 was announced on page 121 of the manual that includes Tutorial 1. It's way beyond overdue. If someone doesn't have the time then pass the job to someone who does have the time. It's unfair to promise something then not deliver.

Robert Langford

The tutorial 2 was announced on page 121 of the manual that includes Tutorial 1. It's way beyond overdue. If someone doesn't have the time then pass the job to someone who does have the time. It's unfair to promise something then not deliver.

Robert Langford

We have released an additional tutorial as a temporary measure since we realized that the second tutorial was taking a while to complete. It is available on our website > Downloads > Documents page.

Kyle Rodgers

Can't find it ?  Lists 1.5 at the top only ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Can't find it ?  Lists 1.5 at the top only ...

That's the one I was referring to. Re-read what I wrote earlier:

"We have released an additional tutorial as a temporary measure since we realized that the second tutorial was taking a while to complete."

This would indicate that #2 isn't ready ("since we realized that the second tutorial was taking a while to complete"), and that there is likely some other version to look for (not #1 or #2, which would likely be #1.5).

Kyle Rodgers

ROGER!

Thx :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

That's the one I was referring to. Re-read what I wrote earlier:

"We have released an additional tutorial as a temporary measure since we realized that the second tutorial was taking a while to complete."

This would indicate that #2 isn't ready ("since we realized that the second tutorial was taking a while to complete"), and that there is likely some other version to look for (not #1 or #2, which would likely be #1.5

i scanned through 1.5 just to get a feel for what to expect and to be honest, this makes a great Tutorial #2.  :Applause:

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

What is the purpose of a tutorial?

If it's about getting you up and running for your first successful flight in a new plane, then tutorial #1 did its job just nicely.

If it's about learning more and more about your new aircraft, where should the tutorials stop then? I mean, you can't split up all the stuff in the FCOM and put it into tutorials, can you?

One comprehensive tutorial is about all I could ask for, and that was provided upon release of the aircraft.

What I know, and really really worries me, is that this thread is about to cost me in excess of $130,00....

Since I installed P3Dv2.5, I am missing my 777 soooooo much.... so desperately .....

Main Simulation Rig: