Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

ATC and Traffic

Do you think something like this would work? :-

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/

This way, everyone chips in, and a developer breaks even........ And if were serious, it could be a great 'kick-start' to get someone developing these two add-ons? 

Ian

I would certainly put my money forward for this, as I'm sure would many others. Problem is that such features where promised in X-Plane 10 and have basically been frozen since v10 came out. 

Sign me up.  However, I'd have to guess the initial funding would probably have to be between $30-$40 thousand USD.  Assuming the willing selling price point would be $50.00, it would take 600 xplane users to fund it....that would be the hard part.  Not sure there are that many willing to put the money up front, which could be why nobody was started the project on their own.

I could be totally wrong on everything....lets see if we can make it happen!

This is what I hate about X plane no ATC and that AI traffic looks so horrible. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Yep. The weather engine, the ATC and the AI. Those are my remaining bugbears for XP. Hopefully they've got those sorted by the time P3D goes 64 bit.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I sincerely hope the XPlaners get these features. This is the main reason XP is a no-go for me. Too bad.

I thought this topic would have more replies.....huh.

I think most X-Planers are and were expecting this feature to work as standard (and promised) in X-Plane 10, and are maybe holding out that one day it will get fixed

good point I suppose.  If I had a spare $20-30 thousand around, I would consider it.  But yes, it would be important to know what is broken and what is possible to improve.  LR would have to supply the developer with a road map and maybe even a joint goal.

First, I would assume acquiring the data of control zones (lateral, vertical, and freq) would be challenging, although MS did a great job with getting their ATC data.   Second, LR would have to work with a developer to designate airports, or some form of algorithm of runway length to make sure jets don't fly to grass runways.  Models would be tricky, but maybe a new system wouldnt have to draw super detailed models unless real close.  Heck, an aircraft just 5mi away is just a speck in the day or tiny blinking lights at night.  2-3 three singles, twins, turboprop, and jets would be a nice start.  That would allow for reasonable traffic.  Encourage 3rd parties to make airline models and flight planes.  Lastly, LR would have to be willing to improve or allow the developer in to improve the ATC system and make it weather smart.  Maybe another algorithm that uses weather, runway length, and type of approach to determine which to assign or even a hold.

Much easier said than done I'm sure.  But Xplane is ready for it, and I think who ever has the money will get a healthy return on their investment. 

uwespeed,

I use pilot2ATC and find that it works very well. Like most software that does a lot it has a bit of a learining curve and sometimes it takes a bit of adjustment to get the voice recogniton right but once your set it works. 

The developer is very responsive to questions and suggestions. 

If you get the opportunity try the demo.

There is a Pilot2ATC forum here on Avsim.

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

I have it already downloaded but not yet installed. Actually it was more a suggestion to others :wink: to try it, instead of waiting for a crowdfunded soluition.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

I guess Pilot2ATC is Windows only, and a large number of people use Mac OS X with X-Plane as it's the only simulator which will run on the platform (You can run FSX/P3D via bootcamp though). I think most X-Planers would expect a multiplatform solution.

Well ... from this point of view B), you are right.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...