Sign in to follow this  
Capt Speirs

With all the buzz about Pro-ATC-X, now which one is best?

I am still looking for the best ATC addon and just when I thought I decided, this happens. 

Pro-ATC-X v1.4

Where does this leave the rest? Is this the future? 

7 day free trial on VOXAtc.

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Ric,

Just be aware that ProATC-X does not use approved FAA/ICAO language in its instructions. That may be addressed at some point in the future but will require the people who recorded voice sets to re-record. Not a quick task. Also, if you fly a British Airways aircraft you will be addressed as "British Airways" and not "Speedbird".

Radar Contact v4.3 still has a lot of fans and does use approved language. Other packages may but I can't comment on those.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Interesting I have never used an ATC package but I can see if you are getting into the details of flying by the book this might be a requisite purchase.

I should make a point of giving this a try to see what it would mean to my flying.  I like the free trial idea, try before you buy.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I have Radar Contact, PFE, and also ProAtcX. I personally think that for speed of setup, ease of use and correct terminology, Radar Contact is the best. However if PFE is set up properly it is just as good but the setup is a cumbersome process and a lot of reading the manual is involved.

However what I do like about ProAtcX is that it is relatively simple to set up a flight and that it assigns proper SID/STARS which neither Radar Contact or Pro Flight Emulator do. But, it uses incorrect ATC terminology and there is little variation within the voice packs. I think PATC has the base to become a great ATC program as long as the developers keep updating and listening to what people want but for the money it is at the moment it is expensive for what it is.

Gavin

Gavin Price

Iam on the fence with voxatc x and proatc x. At this moment, could anyone really recommend proatc x ?

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Also, if you fly a British Airways aircraft you will be addressed as "British Airways" and not "Speedbird".

Some of the voice sets are already corrected as can be heard on this ProATC user's video:

Just to add my 2 cents. There are at least 5 ATC programs that I could imagine users quoting as "the best".

The reason is that, that there isn't a complete ATC program yet. If someone were to combine all the 5 major ATC programs into one program, then I would be very happy :)

Until that happens, the "best" ATC program is highly dependent on what features are a must for you and what features you are willing to live without.

Some of the voice sets are already corrected as can be heard on this ProATC user's video:

Perhaps I'm mistaken but the only reference to Speedbird appeared to be spoken by the pilot or his FSCrew voice. I did scan through it quickly though.

But if the voice sets are being corrected that is a good thing.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Speedbird appeared to be spoken by the pilot or his FSCrew voice.

The "pilot's voice" saying Speedbird is the ProATC's Alpha117 voice set. 

The "pilot's voice" saying Speedbird is the ProATC's Alpha117 voice set. 

Roger that. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I haven't bought it yet, but my current favorite is Pilot2ATC.  It has voice recognition and does some focus on VFR, works well with GA too.  The developer is working steadily on it.  Needs some work on procedures but it's getting there.  Once he gets those ironed out I'll probably get it. 

I agree that each of these programs have strengths and, if they combined them, it would make a decent ATC program.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

cant go past pilot2atc, easy to install, only issue is  the price of it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I am still looking for the best ATC addon and just when I thought I decided, this happens. 

Pro-ATC-X v1.4

Where does this leave the rest? Is this the future? 

I have Radar Contact, PFE, Vox-ATC, and Pro-ATC-X (whatever the version was prior to the recently released 1.4).

After trying each, I invariably return to RC4 which I really like - it's easy to set up and use, and I'm completely accustomed to the voice sets (I still get a little thrill then the controller tells me to "have a nice day").

Yes, RC4 is lacking in ground control operations, but this does not bother me since so little of my time is spent on the ground. As for SIDs/STARs, I use PFPX for creating flight plans, and RC4 has an option to determine if vectors or SIDs are to be used.

I must mention that each time I think I've found a limitation or negative in RC4, upon digging deeper (including reading the manual <g>), it turns out RC4 in fact handles that situation (for example, instrument approaches - for a long time I thought being vectored was the only option, but it turns out RC4 allows me to fly whatever approach I planned for by requesting it).

I have a LOT of FSX add-ons, and RC4 is by far one of my favorite overall, and THE favorite for ATC!

BTW - I have watched videos for the Pro-ATC 1.4 release, and personally, I will be sticking with RC4. But I am happy that development has continued for that product - the more options flight simmers have, the better.

7 day free trial on VOXAtc.

Yes for 7 day Vox and 15 day trial for Pilot2Atc. I have both. Great voice recognition programs, great support !

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Hi Stevan,

Have you ever aborted a take-off or declared an emergency once airborne? Both those are modelled in RC4. Does the opposition have them?

Glad you found the option to do your own approach once you reach 40DME from arrival. That's the one I use most of the time especially now I have EFB with the charts available.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather