Sign in to follow this  
Capt Speirs

With all the buzz about Pro-ATC-X, now which one is best?

Have you ever aborted a take-off or declared an emergency once airborne? Both those are modelled in RC4. Does the opposition have them?

Yes, ProATC supports declaring an emergency. The last time I had to use this function was during one of my AirHauler flight.

ProATC had me fly a holding pattern near LSZH, when AirHauler decided to fail my altimeter (in total IMC). I was able to declare an emergency and landed somewhat safely (I'm glad I already had the ILS tuned so I could use it for judge my altitude).

You can declare an emergency anytime during flight. Based on where you are, you are either sent to the takeoff alternate, or the closest suitable airport (if your destination/alternate airports are too far away).

Does Pilot2ATC offer button control mode?

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Yes, ProATC supports declaring an emergency.

Very good. You didn't confirm if rejected take-off is catered for.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You didn't confirm if rejected take-off is catered for.

That is because I do not know :) I have never had to reject a takeoff on any of my flights (not even with Radar Contact), so I haven't checked if it's supported.

I was thinking of asking exactly the same question as the topic starter. I too have been looking for a decent ATC program as I regularly fly real world routes for my virtual airline using SIDS & STARS.

I would really like to run this software on my networked PC that currently has ASN, EFB & PFPX on it.

Is this possible with any of the programs here ? I was thinking of giving Radar Contact a look at

Regards

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Does Pilot2ATC offer button control mode?

No its only  voice  only  at the moment

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Is this possible with any of the programs here ? I was thinking of giving Radar Contact a look at

I run RC4 via a WideFS PC. Excellent performance.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

So I jumped in and brought Pro-ATCX,

It is a little pricey (just over $70 CDN) but so far I really like it. Definitely a learning curve but now down a couple of flights with the A321 & 737 NGX and all went well. The ATC chatter is great, just need to find some compete sets for Canada & USA

I am running it networked too without any issues

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

VoxATC user here and loving it. Also keep in mind that even though voice recognition is it's primary mode of operation and it's highlight feature, you can switch over COMMS control to the FO and do an entire flight without ever having to use your mic. Great for those nights where the rest of the family need silence and sleep. LOL

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️