Sign in to follow this  
psour33

I had a dream :)

Hello fellow pilots ^_^

We all know about that FSX is a great flight sim and it's still much used over there.

But I've given a try to X-Plane 64 bits since a few weeks and after hours of hard work and patience, download of tons of Giga of HD Photo sceneries, it now looks great.

There are about 4 major good liners for it (777/757 Pro, 747-800 and a 2D x737 freeware).

I dreamed about PMDG gives a try to this sim. Not because X-Plane is better or not than FSX, but because it is 64 BITS !!

So the great PMDG 777-200/300 landing at EGLL  will not crash the sim after flying for hours from KJFK.....

Any hope that one day my dreams come true ? :rolleyes:

Patrick Sourrouille

Nantes 44

France

Any hope that one day my dreams come true ?

haha - you know, it would help a lot if you paid a little more attention to the exact forum you just posted in. Not quite sure how you missed the thread that quite literally sits at the top of the page with 'XPlane' as the first word of the title.

Then again, I'm also not quite sure how people miss the fact that the gear horn is blaring away and still manage to land gear up thereafter, too...at least in your case, the only damage is some light chiding from the forum members  :wink:

Kyle Rodgers

Sorry didn't notice this thread.

Admin, you can shoot the post I've my answer even if it's not what I was awaiting for.

@scandinavian13: didn't understand anything about your story of gear up and horns but it may be interresting.

cheers

Patrick Sourrouille

Nantes 44

France

Then again, I'm also not quite sure how people miss the fact that the gear horn is blaring away and still manage to land gear up thereafter

Carefull, either you have landed gear up or you haven't landed gear up yet. Friend of mine did it in a MU-2J and swears that he didn't realize it until he tried to taxi.

Dan Downs KCRP

It was a joke :)

I have some hard time understanding and writing correctly english.

Anyway Sorry again, this post can be closed if necessary.

Regards

Patrick Sourrouille

Nantes 44

France

Carefull, either you have landed gear up or you haven't landed gear up yet. Friend of mine did it in a MU-2J and swears that he didn't realize it until he tried to taxi.

haha - well, with a MU-2 you have other problems...like trying to make sure you don't pack it in because that plane is just...weird.

I mean, when the FAA has a special training program for a specific aircraft type, it's probably not a good sign.

Kyle Rodgers

Sorry didn't notice this thread.

Admin, you can shoot the post I've my answer even if it's not what I was awaiting for.

@scandinavian13: didn't understand anything about your story of gear up and horns but it may be interresting.

cheers

When the plane you're flying thinks you're trying to land, it checks to see if you have your landing gear down, and if not, the landing gear horn starts 'blaring', warning you that the landing gear is still up. Some pilots still forget to lower their gear, regardless of this beeping horn, maybe because they're not paying attention enough to even hear the horn as loud as it is.

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

When the plane you're flying thinks you're trying to land, it checks to see if you have your landing gear down, and if not, the landing gear horn starts 'blaring', warning you that the landing gear is still up. Some pilots still forget to lower their gear, regardless of this beeping horn, maybe because they're not paying attention enough to even hear the horn as loud as it is.

Bingo. Thanks for explaining for me.

Kyle Rodgers

haha - well, with a MU-2 you have other problems...like trying to make sure you don't pack it in because that plane is just...weird.

I mean, when the FAA has a special training program for a specific aircraft type, it's probably not a good sign.

Not to mention it's loud as ______ (fill in the blank). 

Not to mention it's loud as ______ (fill in the blank). 

Tell me about it.

When I worked as an airport attendant at BCB, we'd triple the staff (from 2 to 6...haha) to support all of the game day traffic. During the games, we'd all be out fueling, manning the desk, or driving the shuttle bus to the stadium. Since the stadium is above the minimum size for the "no traffic in or out during the event" rule, it was usually very, very quiet (for an airport).

That being said, I was on fuel duty that day, and I figured I'd head out without hearing protection since the implicit TFR meant no aircraft movements (and without it, I could infer the team was doing well by the cheers - this was before smart phones, so no ESPN app to give me updates). Apparently someone in a MU-2 was running late and didn't get the memo about stadium size and the whole 3NM rule. Being right there on the line, I parked the fuel truck and ran over to marshal the plane in thinking "it can't be that bad..."

Worst.

Moment.

Of.

My.

Aviation.

Career.

I was pretty sure my ears were bleeding (they weren't...just ringing), and I was definitely tearing up.

I swore to never again walk out on any ramp without at least having ear plugs in my pocket (or if flying, I have a truckload in my flight bag from when I worked for IDE and UAX on the ramp).

OUCH!

Kyle Rodgers

Tell me about it.

When I worked as an airport attendant at BCB, we'd triple the staff (from 2 to 6...haha) to support all of the game day traffic. During the games, we'd all be out fueling, manning the desk, or driving the shuttle bus to the stadium. Since the stadium is above the minimum size for the "no traffic in or out during the event" rule, it was usually very, very quiet (for an airport).

That being said, I was on fuel duty that day, and I figured I'd head out without hearing protection since the implicit TFR meant no aircraft movements (and without it, I could infer the team was doing well by the cheers - this was before smart phones, so no ESPN app to give me updates). Apparently someone in a MU-2 was running late and didn't get the memo about stadium size and the whole 3NM rule. Being right there on the line, I parked the fuel truck and ran over to marshal the plane in thinking "it can't be that bad..."

Worst.

Moment.

Of.

My.

Aviation.

Career.

I was pretty sure my ears were bleeding (they weren't...just ringing), and I was definitely tearing up.

I swore to never again walk out on any ramp without at least having ear plugs in my pocket (or if flying, I have a truckload in my flight bag from when I worked for IDE and UAX on the ramp).

OUCH!

That would be it. I used to work line service at KACY back in the day and I've been flying for 13 years. I worked both the GA ramp and the airline gates over at the terminal when I was at Midlantic. The MU-2 is without a doubt the loudest plane I've ever encountered in my life. I can't remember if I was out fueling or preflighting the first time I encountered an MU-2 up close, but I do remember the pain in my ears when it taxied by. Bleeding ears is an understatement. It was excruciating. Every time I saw one coming after that I would put the little foam plugs in, and then put the big "stereo style" earmuff protectors on top. Even when the F-16s from the National Guard would takeoff with full afterburners, it still wasn't as bad as the MU-2 taxiing.