Sign in to follow this  
Mehdi Djeebet

PMDG-Dreamliner

I understand perfectly.

Investments will only be made upon surveys with their clients and also the feasibility to be able to gain access to the detail required for the high standards of PMDG. I, myself would be the first to purchase this aircraft if it was made. 

I believe with enough support from our community, we could help them make a decision.. 

Also, considering PMDG doesn't just target the entertainment market, but also the commercial/professional market for training purposes, I think it'd be safe to say that they will do a 787 since that is Boeing's latest product and it's what the airlines are currently transitioning their pilots to as orders continue to be fulfilled. Just speculation on my part, but only time will tell. 

Of course Ian. Boeing's 787 Dreamliner has been developed for a cleaner and much more efficient in fuel saving aircraft for the industry., therefore, like you say, targeting the commercial and professional pilots would be of great use to develop their skills when unable to fly the real thing. And PMDG are the only ones who can simulate a model to those requirements and standards.

Of course Ian. Boeing's 787 Dreamliner has been developed for a cleaner and much more efficient in fuel saving aircraft for the industry., therefore, like you say, targeting the commercial and professional pilots would be of great use to develop their skills when unable to fly the real thing. And PMDG are the only ones who can simulate a model to those requirements and standards.

Yeah they are great for training. My buddy used the NGX when he was getting typed on the NG. He said it helped a lot, especially for practicing flows. It cuts down on time in the Level-D and saves the airline money. 

It will be "Quality" but not even close to PMDG Quality. They don't target the same customer base as PMDG. 

I don't think it's necessarily fair to make such a statement about an unreleased product, and by a company who has made it quite clear that the systems depth of their past products does not reflect what the 787 will be.

Also, note the removal of "Complexity Simplified" from their logo.

Brandon Filer

I don't think it's necessarily fair to make such a statement about an unreleased product, and by a company who has made it quite clear that the systems depth of their past products does not reflect what the 787 will be.

Also, note the removal of "Complexity Simplified" from their logo.

It doesn't matter if it's released or not. I'm sure it'll be better than the 757 and 146/Avro, but the bottom line is their customer base is different and they like to make their products for both FS9 and FSX. The only other products out there that are on par with PMDG are FSL and Majestic. QW is only into the entertainment market, not the professional market like the big three I mentioned. 

The only other products out there that are on par with PMDG are FSL and Majestic for now.

There we go, I fixed it for you.

The B787 is their secret project:)

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

it would be great, but don,t think it in  pmdg plan myself i  no one  could do it any better than pmdg.

like all simmer i would like see pmdg with the 787 and airbus  i love aerosoft but pmdg made best sim

hervy galloway

After all, they are the most precise in detail and simulation Physics that are involved  in engineering these aircraft..

There are some addons out there that are just as good.  I'm sure making a Dash 8-Q400 wouldn't be commercially viable for PMDG as there's fantastic Majestic Dash8-Q400 out there. 

Regards,

Joona L

It doesn't matter if it's released or not. I'm sure it'll be better than the 757 and 146/Avro, but the bottom line is their customer base is different and they like to make their products for both FS9 and FSX.

Not so fast, the QualityWings 787 is strictly FSX only, as they've stopped development for FS9.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.