Sign in to follow this  
acra24

co-pilot doesn't set transponder to TA when ASDE-X button is on

Hello Bryan

In my voice control the co-pilot doesn't set my transponder to on even if I have set the ASDE-X button to Yes. It is only set to TA when I call "Cabin crew seats for take off". This has always happened and isn't a new issue for me. I have ignored it up to now but I'm not sure if it's a fault or normal. Must it be set to yes before I activate the RUN PF button or simply before I get to the Before Taxi CL? Either way it doesn't seem to work for me

Can you advise please?

Thanks

W7 64bit

P3D v2.4

ASN for P3D

It is only set to TA when I call "Cabin crew seats for take off".

Isn't this exactly the way it's supposed to be? As far as I know, you switch on TA/RA right before entering the runway. So, the trigger for switching the transponder is your call "Cabin crew seats for departure". (similar to the call "Runway Entry Procedure" in the NGX)

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

No that's wrong. In the manual it states in the FO's flow he's supposed to set it once you call After Start Procedure if ASDEX is selected on. This is because in may airports the transponder has to be set to a certain mode so that conflicts are avoided.

If using ASDEX (some airports have ground radar), you'd turn on the Xponder prior to taxi.

He won't set it to TCAS though, although some airlines will set it to TARA (and leave it there all the time).

He should set the knob to XPNDR based on the code I just looked at...