Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Request for starting additional programs

Hi Peter,

I was looking for a way to run 2 configurations for FSX and posted the question in the FSX Forum asking for solutions.

Someone recommended SimStarter so I downloaded and installed it and I have to say it's a great piece of work. Congratulations. I will certainly be using it and will make a contribution.

I have one request. Each profile has the option of starting additional programs. Rather like you can in fsuipc4. I would prefer to start them using SimStart as they need tailoring depending on which aircraft I'm flying. However, some programs require FSX to be running first otherwise they can 'object'.

Is there any way you can add an option so the programs are only started when FSX is running? Fsuipc4 has this via the 'READY' parameter. Could you add this to SimStart?

Many thanks.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

thank you for your great feedback. That is a pretty good idea.

I am currently reworking the Start Manager will check what I can do. ;O)

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Thank Pero. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Until this feature is implemented you could use a <wait> between fsx.exe and your other programs.

You would need the duration of a fsx.exe startup and then you could set a <wait> 90 <seconds> and start the other programs afterwards.

...just a quick idea! ;O)

Thanks Pero. I'll look at that option. I had considered still using fsuipc4.ini for the common programs I will use for both profiles. FSFX Fiber Accelerator being a classic example.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You've got mail... ;O)

I've replied, thanks.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather