Sign in to follow this  
fwerff

New AS A318/319/320/321 stutters like crazy

Assuming a larger part of the community is more frequently visiting this forum than the regular AS support forum, I'd like to post this here first. Also, I scanned the AS forum for this issue, but so far it seems most people are happy with the performance of the new bus.

I bought the new Aerosoft A318/319/320/321. Being an owner of the Airbus Extended, the upgrade price was quite friendly.

To my surprise where the Extended performs very good and smooth on my system, the new Airbusses stutter like crazy. It makes the aircraft totally unflyable. My framerate is in the 30-ties but every few seconds it shortly drops to only 2~3fps.

I have tried all kinds of settings, but no dice...

I have never experienced this behavior with any addon aircraft, but for some reason the new Airbus does not like my system.

I'm running an older Core i7-920 @3,9GHz, 12Gb RAM and an HD5870 1Gb graphicscard.

Anybody any experience with this and suggustions how to solve it?

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Did you switch off the weather scanning in the .ini file?

This has been a big problem for some

C:\Users\Me\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus --> AB_ND_GDI

[WXRadar]
//WXBackgroundScan=2
//Remark: Some WX data are normally required to be scanned in background even when WX Radar is switched off.
// Due to performance reasons on some customersystems currently the user can select between following background scanning modes: 0 = COMPLETE OFF (best frame rates),  1 = LIMITED SCAN, 2 = FULL SCAN (normal status). As long as WX Radar is switched on, this parameter has no affect! This parameter is allowed to be changed at runtime (just change this parameter in INI file and safe it)

//WXBackgroundScanProto=1
//Remark: In order to support further info for development the user can switch on some extra proto function here (also allowed to be changed

Would you happen to be using A2A AccuFeel by any change?

Anytime I disable AccuFeel, the stutter goes away. Now, I'm not sure what cures it. The AccuFeel disabling or the Aircraft resets it self just by accessing a menu item.

Thanks for the response.

No AccuFeel installed. I have uninstalled both A2A aircraft I have (C172 and Cherokee).

I added the lines to the ini file for the weatherradar.

Unfortunately, still no result...

I also renamed my FSX.cfg file forcing a "virgin" FSX.cfg file.

Also no result.

No weather programs running, only UT2 as external addon.

I'm really puzzled by this.. Never seen this before.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Assuming a larger part of the community is more frequently visiting this forum than the regular AS support forum, I'd like to post this here first. Also, I scanned the AS forum for this issue, but so far it seems most people are happy with the performance of the new bus.

I bought the new Aerosoft A318/319/320/321. Being an owner of the Airbus Extended, the upgrade price was quite friendly.

To my surprise where the Extended performs very good and smooth on my system, the new Airbusses stutter like crazy. It makes the aircraft totally unflyable. My framerate is in the 30-ties but every few seconds it shortly drops to only 2~3fps.

I have never experienced this behavior with any addon aircraft, but for some reason the new Airbus does not like my system.

I'm running an older Core i7-920 @3,9GHz, 12Gb RAM and an HD5870 1Gb graphicscard.

I noticed a large FPS drop after upgrading to the new bus as well I get it will stay at 30 FPS then drop to 20 then back for no reason.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I noticed a large FPS drop after upgrading to the new bus as well I get it will stay at 30 FPS then drop to 20 then back for no reason.

I just fired up the A319 for the first time and noticed this also. My frame rates were up and down and on average lower than before with the A320/321 extended. I have not done anything to disable the wx radar.

NAX669.png

Strange, I was getting pretty terrible frames on the old 320/321 but after upgrading to the latest one, it's all smooth. I average around 25 frames in the VC and 30 locked outside with ASN, FTXGlobal + Vector, no edits made to the wxr ini file as suggested above. The things I did change were in the Airbus Configurator.

1. Under the logging section in the General tab, I disabled AirbusX Connect Extended (others were already off by default),

2. Under the ND section, I changed all figures to 10 (I don't see the need to have it any higher as my range on the ND in flight almost never goes beyond 80NM)

3. I also disabled the 'Force ECAM software rendering' option under the Performance section.

With these settings, I get the performance outlined above.

Something to keep in mind and add relevance to the above are my system specs :

I'm running a 7 year old Quad Core AMD 965 at 3.40GHz with 6 GB DDR3 RAM and a 1GB ATI HD5750 GPU so I'm quite happy that my old beaten up system can still keep things smooth enough to enjoy a flight.

I have the exact same issue. I posted in aerosofts forum.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/88463-ap-issue/

Odd, since I have it always, regardless wether AP is on or off.

I also installed it into P3D (2.4), but same stutters, so the problem seems to be with the addon itself and not with FSX.

I agree. The problem is related to the addon itself. But i think it there must be something in the ATI graphics card that creates the trouble. Have you changed anything in your graphics card before started using the new airbuses? Also i dont think anymore its related to the AP. there must be something in the ATI card. 

You all using ASN?

I have this problem when using fix for repeating overcast patterns in ASN and are in OVC conditions

Easy to test:

Find a place with OVC conditions, fire up FSX and As airbus, cry about your 7 frames, open up ASN remove the tick, close ASN, open ASN let it load go back in and smile about your standard FPS.

No matter what tweak I add to the WXR I can replicate above..

Have you changed anything in your graphics card before started using the new airbuses?

Nope. I've been using this card (ATI HD5870) for the past 5 years now.

I've been pondering about "upgrading" to a nVidia card, probably a 670 or 680 as an interim solution until I can afford a complete system upgrade (might take another year).

You all using ASN?

I have this problem when using fix for repeating overcast patterns in ASN and are in OVC conditions

Easy to test:

Find a place with OVC conditions, fire up FSX and As airbus, cry about your 7 frames, open up ASN remove the tick, close ASN, open ASN let it load go back in and smile about your standard FPS.

No matter what tweak I add to the WXR I can replicate above..

Ehh... yes I have ASN installed, but with this Airbus I have not yet used it.

The first time after installing the A318/A319 I wanted to fly a quick circuit without weather or anything else, so I just started up FSX and immediately ran into the stutters.

So I can't imagine it has to do with ASN.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Hey fwerff, i have news...

I updated my graphics cards' drivers and set triple buffering ,on and wait for vertical refresh, off, unless application specifies. I have just completed an hour and a half flight with no stuttering at all and no crazy banking. Give it a try.

Regards.

Nope. I've been using this card (ATI HD5870) for the past 5 years now.

I've been pondering about "upgrading" to a nVidia card, probably a 670 or 680 as an interim solution until I can afford a complete system upgrade (might take another year).

Ehh... yes I have ASN installed, but with this Airbus I have not yet used it.

The first time after installing the A318/A319 I wanted to fly a quick circuit without weather or anything else, so I just started up FSX and immediately ran into the stutters.

So I can't imagine it has to do with ASN.

Hello Frank

What I'm saying may seem insane.

I also use ATI, PhenomIIX6 2.8ghz, 8GB Ram, ATI 6950 2gb card.

With my system, P3D V2.4 is practically discarded.

But I did some experiments with older driver and the conclusion is that older driver has better performance for P3D 2.4.

AMD made something out of 13.4 that does not match P3D V2.

Driver 13.1 or older for me has good gap to P3D V2.4

For FSX or P3D 1.4 there is no difference, the current drivers work well.

At the moment using 13.1.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

Hello

Do you have EZDok camera? I noticed when the stutter starts to go crazy on me, I simply unclick the shake button and it all stop

Hope this help

David.