Sign in to follow this  
SuperCell

AMD DX10 fix?

This has been asked a million times I think... but is there a fix for the artifacting with AMD cards?... I've tried with multiple drivers. This only happens with SteveFX I believe. I use a 7850 btw...

Curious about this as well. Using the Radeon R9 280. Would really be nice if there would be some benchmarking done on the ATI line, but everyone is so stuck on Nvidia being the top dog.

If you are referring to the bad spiking then its a driver/FSX core engine interaction somehow related to the locking of the cloud vertex buffers used in reflections. It is unrelated to DX10SF which has no interaction at this level and occurs without it installed in native DX10 preview mode.

It only applies to AMD GPUs more recent than the 6xxx range that are running drivers post 12.4, The only workaround for a recent AMD GPU that cannot run 12.4 is to set the water slider to no more than 2.low and set aliasing to no more than 4X. This prevents clouds being used in reflections which largely fixes the problem.

The only fixes possible are by AMD or Microsoft.

Thanks Mr. ive never noticed it in native dx10. ill try your solution

Are we talking of the same effect then? The spiking is a complete disintegration of the image that occurs after some number of minutes. It has a connection with water reflections so is much more common over the sea, usually you see a white flash on the water surface followed by triangular spikes that grow out of clouds or the land.

It's working fine now. Imma do a flight then mark as solved unless something goes amiss.

Well.. I don't know if these issues are related to DX10... but UTX lights flickering on and off at certain angles... the q400s buttons not being able to be pressed at times... and a FSX borderless glitch... also i had an fsx crash... blamed on fsx.exe which is a rare occurrence for me. Other than that, it's great! Thank you.

I am for some reason starting to get these problems again (regardless if I set AA to 4x or Water to 2x Low).

When I read the User Manual, I found out I have to disable the Cloud Shaders so I made a new profile for it with the shaders disabled (I haven't tested it yet to see if the problem is fixed).

On my last 3 flights, RJAA-KLAX I started to have the problem when I reached California, LPPT-LPMA no problem but today at the same flight, it happened during landing at Madeira (although I successfully landed on Runway 5 even when my view is blocked by artifacts, I got a hard handing (with a bounce)). I am planning to get a GTX 970 for christmas to replace my 7850.

I need to confirm again, will disabling cloud shaders fix the problem.

Júnior Silva

I don't believe disabling cloud shaders has any significant impact.

The problem isn't shader related - its the vertex buffers which are inputs to the shaders.

I don't believe disabling cloud shaders has any significant impact.

The problem isn't shader related - its the vertex buffers which are inputs to the shaders.

OK.

Júnior Silva