Sign in to follow this  
Wizard-Bob

Pilot Profile - Losing progress

Greetings!

I am again enjoying MS Flight (thanks, Stonelance and team!).  I am using the non-GFWL version 1.0.25.5 of the toolkit.  The only issue I have is that every time I start Flight, my experience reverts to 0.  I created a new profile after installing the toolkit.

Is this a known issue?  Is there a work-around to retain the experience you gain?

EDIT:  I had a second question.  Even though this is the "non-GFWL" version, it will not start up unless I am connected online.  No big deal, just curious why an internet connection is still required.  (I play on a laptop while travelling).

Thanks so much for any assistance,

-Bob

Always remember to Find Your FUN!

-Bob

Hello Bob,

This is a known issue and to fix this, you will need the FlightToolkit 1.0.25.5 version of the toolkit. There have been many bug fixes which is hard for anyone to manage, so the website is a little outdated.

Thanks to Paul for clearing this up, because I myself cited the wrong version of the toolkit previously.

The GFWL - Less version requires an internet connection due to a special connectivity between the game and an external server which contains a database of all the aerocaches.

:)

Hello Bob,

This is a known issue and to fix this, you will need the FlightToolkit 1.0.25.5 version of the toolkit. There have been many bug fixes which is hard for anyone to manage, so the website is a little outdated.

Thanks to Paul for clearing this up, because I myself cited the wrong version of the toolkit previously.

The GFWL - Less version requires an internet connection due to a special connectivity between the game and an external server which contains a database of all the aerocaches.

:)

The problem is that I have that version installed, yet this still happens.

Thanks for the reply, Kavinda.  I already have version 1.0.25.5 installed but suffer the issue in my original post.

Also thanks for the info on the aerocache server - that makes sense. In case it is needed, is there a way to run Flight without internet connectivity?

Thanks!

-Bob

-Bob

Bob:

I'm not sure if you can run without an internet connection. I think Steve may be able to clarify for you.

With regards to the data loss, can either one of you upload the contents of the following directory on your PC -

"C:\Users\<Admin>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Flight\Players

This will be very useful in identifying the root cause of your problem.

Thank you,

I currently cannot access my PC, I'll upload the file Monday if posible.

That's fine!  :lol:  

I have heard people reporting that profile persistence still isn't working.  I think this may vary from person to person based on what messages their Flight is trying to send to the server.  If the server responds with an error or a bad message, then Flight will get stuck in a loop and not send any other messages like profile updates.  I haven't been working on the toolkit for a few weeks due to vacation and work, but I hope to spend some time Thanksgiving week trying to fix a bunch of the remaining bugs.  Please gather information like Kavinda requests as it helps me track down the issue.  I may need to give you guys that are having the problem a special version to help diagnose the errors.

As for the internet connection being required, it wasn't my intention and probably something I overlooked.  I can add I to the list of things to look at next week.  I should be able to make it so you can still use Flight, but just won't get any aerocaches.

Thanks so much for your replies and efforts on keeping MS Flight alive !  I'll try to upload the Folder you requested.

-Bob

-Bob

I'm terribly sorry for not uploading the file. I'm very been very busy these last few days. I'll see if I finally upload the file Sunday.

I'm terribly sorry for not uploading the file. I'm very been very busy these last few days. I'll see if I finally upload the file Sunday.

Don't worry about that, Bob has uploaded his folder already... I'll see if there are any problems.  ^_^

Great news!  Flight Toolkit 1.0.26.5 fixes this issue for me.  My progress is now preserved between sessions.  As a bonus, Flight now works if/when you don't have an internet connection, so you can fly while on vacation on some remote island :lol:

-Bob