Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

A2A Cessna 182 released!

It looks really, really well done.  RW, a 182 is a ton more fun to fly than a 172.  I'm truly hoping they create an RG to go with it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

This is a great aircraft ... sadly I seem to have forgotten how to take off and land.  

Better practice with this gem.

My first and very quick hop in and go flight from KCCR to KHWD ... 

Cheers, Rob.

It's not "$62 US" different from their 172 to make me pull the trigger. There are too many other products that might show up soon on which I'd rather spend my money (PMDG 777 for P3d, TacPack for P3d and FTX Global LC North America as some examples). For folks who don't already have the A2A 172, the Skylane is a more versatile aircraft and probably a better choice.

But have fun and I'll wait for a sale.

OMG the sound! 

I think I got whiplash following the landing  :lol:

ZORAN

Thanks for the video.  Thank goodnes orbx nca low fps isn't just me.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Assuming that one had the C172, Cherokee and the 182 in the hanger. Which do you go for? The 182 kind of makes the other 2 obsolete in the sense that it can do what the others do with more power and wont need excessive landing distance either.

I wonder if A2A chose the 182 because they could copy some of the 172 code/systems ? Thats just a guess as I really wouldn't know

ZORAN

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

It's not really a problem per se, at least not with the A2A 182. They just designed it with default FSX control mappings in mind (with the acceleration factored in,) not FSUIPC assignments which have no acceleration.

Still of course it's a useful video for those who use FSUIPC (totally excluding all FSX control assignments), just didn't it want it to sound like a bug or glitch from A2A's end :)

It's a great aircraft by the way. I love the engine sounds a lot. Who doesn't love that brrraawwwww when fiddling with the prop control! :D

Thank goodnes orbx nca low fps isn't just me.

I thought the FPS was pretty good considering the settings ... I've managed to get it up to 20-30 fps range vs. 10-16 fps I had prior ... on key element was to disable FSDT KSFO ... sadly massive VAS hit and 50% FPS drop when it's active.  Can't wait for KSFO 2 to get released ... hopefully it's more P3D friendly and no ASM.

I love this 182, it's a challenge.

Cheers, Rob.

It's not "$62 US" different from their 172 to make me pull the trigger. There are too many other products that might show up soon on which I'd rather spend my money (PMDG 777 for P3d, TacPack for P3d and FTX Global LC North America as some examples). For folks who don't already have the A2A 172, the Skylane is a more versatile aircraft and probably a better choice.

But have fun and I'll wait for a sale.

Agreed !

1. I really have an issue with the price policy of A2A : $79.99 for the Prepar3D Pro version !

2. A2A is not yet mastering 3D panel gauges/instruments (or at least the impression of 3D) like Carenado/Alabeo are able to do

3. The night light panel should really be improve. It looks like an old 2D panel.

4. I have the feeling of a mixed version of Cessna 182 : Bus1/Bus2 as a G1000, headset plug like and announciator panel like in an old 70's, air vent profile (look the one at left shoulder pilot) looks like in a brand new 2000 cessna.

I keep my mooney so far... As you said, there are so many other good addons expected or yet available.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Bought and DL'ed this morning, very nice airplane.  If you have ever flown a 182 in real life you know it is much more than just a bigger 172.  I got some time in a 1962 C182, it had a heavy feeling yet was still reasonably agile.  The bigger Cessnas like the C206 handles like a truck...C182 handles like a heavy sports/muscle car by comparison.  This A2A 182 shares the same comparison to the virtual 172, it has a heavier feeling, accelerates much faster on the runway, better climb rate.  Now we really do have an accusimmed plane for the backcountry airstrips.  50 bucks well spent.

Cheers

TJ

Blame LM for this type of licensing scheme. A2A is just following suit. It's still $49.99 USD like most of their other Accu-sim products, for FSX and P3D Academic.

The annunciator panel is straight out of a 2003 182T. vbazillio, you're thinking of the G1000 model which has a totally different panel and glare shield.

Beautifully crafted (model, textures, gauges), a rather comprehensive system simulation and a "feeling good" flight model for 50 bucks (49.95 actually :wink: ). Money well spent indeed !

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam